Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-17-2012, 07:12 AM   #166
malmhdy
Enthusiast
malmhdy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

this appears on my KT what does it mean ?
is it emty battarry ? i had emty battarry before and this hadnot appeared ????????????
is there aproblem

Last edited by malmhdy; 04-17-2012 at 07:20 AM.
malmhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:43 AM   #167
hostar
Zealot
hostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 4 non-touch
malmhdy: I think you already wrote it somewhere and I think you need to charge your kindle with some wall charger, not over computer.

It's possible, that powerd daemon, which controls charging might not work when battery is discharged and it will not connect to computer with charging request.

So get some wall usb charger and charge Kindle with it. You can use any type, don't need original Kindle charger, if you don't have any, for example you can use charger for mobile phone.

tamerlaha: I don't know. Just get the geekmaster script, make new file, copy script to that file, save, for example, like
"kernel-backup.sh", copy it to Kindle, log over ssh and run command "/mnt/us/kernel-backup.sh"
hostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:19 AM   #168
tamerlaha
tamerlaha began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
i flash kernel 5.0.0 and nothing change i stiil get a black screen, mb problem with bootmode settings or maybe i need to clear partition3?
Is it any way to change boot mode from linux, is it exists MfgTool for linux, because im use it under VM winxp on Ubuntu with usb forward?
tamerlaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:28 AM   #169
hostar
Zealot
hostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of light

tamerlaha: if you can run SSH in diags, execute green
commands from following post:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=116

But there shouldn't be problem to set bootmode over MfgTool from virtual computer with Windows under Ubuntu. You just need to run program for emulating (VirtualBox etc.) under sudo
(sudo VirtualBox), because without sudo VirtualBox can't use USB ports.

And no, there is no linux alternative for MfgTool (yet).

Last edited by hostar; 04-17-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:54 AM   #170
tamerlaha

yes i read about idme, and mfgtool work fine under VM, but still black screen when boot at main i suppose that my downloaded image broken try re-download it. and i need do this dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk0p3 bs=4K?
Old 04-17-2012, 09:58 AM   #171
hostar
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamerlaha View Post
and i need do this dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk0p3 bs=4K?
You can try. Deleting this partition has no influence to "core". Just Kindle will be unregistred and maybe you lost some settings.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:06 AM   #172
tamerlaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by hostar View Post
You can try. Deleting this partition has no influence to "core". Just Kindle will be unregistred and maybe you lost some settings.
i tried - no change. Now a have another problem i can't redownload an image from http://gitbrew.org/~dasmoover/kindle...1-kt-5.0.0.img its stops after <100 mb.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:01 PM   #173
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
@Geekmaster: put me a second time in your loooong list of happy debrickers. YES, it was the kernel, after flashin this, my KTalready "survived" 2 reboots.
Now jailbreak again and 5.1 ... this was tricky for the first time. Especially installing a proper running fastboot. But I learned A LOT.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #174
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by diba View Post
@Geekmaster: put me a second time in your loooong list of happy debrickers. YES, it was the kernel, after flashin this, my KTalready "survived" 2 reboots.
Now jailbreak again and 5.1 ... this was tricky for the first time. Especially installing a proper running fastboot. But I learned A LOT.
I linked your "second" success report above. Please provide a link to the FIRST time so I can add that too.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:35 AM   #175
tamerlaha

Well. I made it!
It's all start from my desire to have a 5.1.0 firmware. I try it, but got an "error update 007", then i decide to downgrade for 5.0.0 by "simple debrick" method,
and i got a black screen at boot as "main". I rollback to my previously made backups and book runs normally. I try to upgrade firmware again - and i got it!
Looks like after all of my attemps one thing which is changed it was:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk0p3 bs=4K

So if you get error 007 on update try this command.
Thanks for all of you!
sorry for my English
Old 04-18-2012, 12:05 PM   #176
non_fox
non_fox began at the beginning.

kindle touch, i need help with simple debricking

I can not kindle touch 5.1 update
Diags mode, in my opinion, I think it's a mistake.
So what should reboot. Then,my Kindle is the brick.
Recovery was. After that, reboot again, and my Kindle is the brick

win7 64bit only uses.
'mmcblk0p1-kt-5.0.0.img', 'mmcblk0p2-kt-5.0.0.img', 'mmcblk0p2_ssh-kt-5.0.1.img.gz'
I have downloaded three files. But

In this file
'mmcblk0p1-kt-5.0.0.img', 'mmcblk0p2-kt-5.0.0.img'
I will use two files. So, I'm ok?
'fastboot flash diags mmcblk0p2_ssh.img' and 'dd if = / mnt/us/mmcblk0p1.img of = / dev/mmcblk0p1 bs = 4'
When I enter the command
'Fastboot flash diags mmcblk0p2-kt-5.0.0.img'
'Dd if = / mnt/us/mmcblk0p1-kt-5.0.0.img of = / dev/mmcblk0p1 bs = 4'
I enter in this way. So, I'm ok?
Or
I command you to change the file name to match. So, I'm ok?
And
'/ Mnt/us/mmcblk0p2-kt-5.0.0.img' file location is ok?

I've used selectboot. And, fastboot mode was attempted, however, I have fastboot mode is working correctly, Is there a way to check?
I have entered a command to Fastboot. But that's not the command is not executed.
Do I need a separate connection Kindle??

PS ... Sentence using automatic translation tools are not smooth. Sorry
non_fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #177
non_fox
non_fox began at the beginning.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2011-08-01T00_02_30-0000.jpg
Views:	610
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	85505  
non_fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:32 AM   #178
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by non_fox View Post
Thank you.
I do not understand. Is it working now?

In your previous post, you had extra spaces inserted, such as:

dd if = / mnt/us/mmcblk0p1.img of = / dev/mmcblk0p1 bs = 4

needs to be:

dd if=/mnt/us/mmcblk0p1.img of=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=4

For the fastboot command, it will not see the kindle if you are using a linux host PC and you are not in root or you do not have "sudo" in front of it to run it in root. If you are in windows it could mean you do not have the libusb device drivers installed. It could also mean that after setting fastboot mode your kindle USB connection was reset or disconnected -- in that case you could "permanently" set fastboot mode in diags exit menu (install fastboot).

So, is you kindle working now? Your translation is very confusing...
Old 04-20-2012, 10:18 PM   #179
gamerh2o
gamerh2o began at the beginning.

Smile get my kindle back

thanks you guys write this very detailed guide, I unbricked my kindle touch.

I first fastboot kindle touch, use mmcblk0p2.img to let ssh work, then login in and write mmcblk0p1.img to /dev/mmcblk0p1, it works. Hope it help for others.
gamerh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:52 PM   #180
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerh2o View Post
thanks you guys write this very detailed guide, I unbricked my kindle touch.

I first fastboot kindle touch, use mmcblk0p2.img to let ssh work, then login in and write mmcblk0p1.img to /dev/mmcblk0p1, it works. Hope it help for others.
You are welcome. I added your successful debricking report to the list in the first post.

Tags
debricking