Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-21-2011, 05:21 AM   #121
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Terisa, where did you get the kobo touch ? I am in Spain now, but have not seen it.....
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 10:11 AM   #122
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
At eBay, as usual. And Customs didn' t looking at it, so good.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:14 AM   #123
Klein Nijenhuis
Zealot
Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Onyx Boox
We developed cases for Kobo Touch. We decided to design 6 cases with different color combinations, 3 for the white kobo touch and 3 for the black kobo touch. Please take a look and tell me what you think...

Klein Nijenhuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:29 AM   #124
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klein Nijenhuis View Post
We developed cases for Kobo Touch. We decided to design 6 cases with different color combinations, 3 for the white kobo touch and 3 for the black kobo touch. Please take a look and tell me what you think...
I think you might want to review the text describing the case. For instance

Quote:
Cover Features
The protective cover is designed for the Kobo Touch e-reader. When the e-reader is secured in the cover, you are able to turn on and off the e-reader. Furthermore it’s possible to fasten the USB cable and your headphones.
Not sure why I would care about my headphones seeing the Kobo does not support headphones!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:55 AM   #125
Klein Nijenhuis
Zealot
Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Changed it! Thank you for this.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:19 PM   #126
EMG
EMG began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
New bookstyle covers out at Chapters Indigo. Real nice too!

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/touch-...bo-wi-fi-touch
EMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:53 PM   #127
leighisme
Connoisseur
leighisme began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, iPhone 4, iPad2
I saw the new Chapters covers today - the Kobo is held in these slots on top and bottom, instead of straps. Looks nice!
leighisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:56 PM   #128
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
My feedback would be that I'd like those right-side corners to be protected (maybe an enclosed triangle (if that makes sense) rather than a strap/elastic. I know it's tricky without covering that top power switch but as is I see it this case (and to be fair many others) fail to protect those edges of the device, especially since the case is fairly close to the edge of the device in dimensions. Otherwise the case doesn't look too bad. I have a personal preference for a moleskin style elastic to keep the case closed, but that's a personal thing. [EDIT] <= Sorry just saw there is an elastic, just not shown in some of the photos.

If you'd like to send us one for review I'd be more than happy to have a firsthand look at one ;-)

Last edited by molman; 08-23-2011 at 01:30 AM.
molman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:01 AM   #129
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighisme View Post
I saw the new Chapters covers today - the Kobo is held in these slots on top and bottom, instead of straps. Looks nice!
Yeah it looks interesting (though I do wonder about the bottom button);

Whats the case as a whole look like? These new canvas ones seem to have a nice moleskin-esk eleastic strap which I like.. are they fairly ridged: hardbook style?

How do they compare to the leather/faux original ones with the elastics?

Wish I had access to any of these options locally.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:10 AM   #130
Klein Nijenhuis
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by molman View Post
My feedback would be that I'd like those right-side corners to be protected (maybe an enclosed triangle (if that makes sense) rather than a strap/elastic. I know it's tricky without covering that top power switch but as is I see it this case (and to be fair many others) fail to protect those edges of the device, especially since the case is fairly close to the edge of the device in dimensions. Otherwise the case doesn't look too bad. I have a personal preference for a moleskin style elastic to keep the case closed, but that's a personal thing. [EDIT] <= Sorry just saw there is an elastic, just not shown in some of the photos.

If you'd like to send us one for review I'd be more than happy to have a firsthand look at one ;-)

I understand this point, if the kobo is attached in the case it will protect good. Please see below:

I can send a case for a review, please send me a PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:27 AM   #131
molman
Evangelist

Quote:
I can send a case for a review, please send me a PM.
.. and here I was just being cheeky, but I'd be more than happy to try my naked Kobo Touch in one of your cases. Will send you a PM shortly.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:36 PM   #132
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Yeah it looks interesting (though I do wonder about the bottom button);

Top button also looks like it'd be a pain to get to as well.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:09 PM   #133
molman
Evangelist

Quote:
.. and here I was just being cheeky, but I'd be more than happy to try my naked Kobo Touch in one of your cases. Will send you a PM shortly.
Ok, I might not be reviewing one (geckocovers.com) anytime soon, so if someone picks one up let us know what you think.

Would also like some firsthand feedback on those new Kobo (Chapters) cases.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:24 PM   #134
therealjoeblow
Zealot
therealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Samsung Android Tablet w/Moon+ Pro Reader
Quote:

Sorry, but IMO, elastic straps are just so home-made looking.

Any manufacturer using a bush-league method like that to hold a $140 device in a protective case really needs to rethink their design - I'd personally never buy something that cheap.

The CaseCrown has it 100% right IMO, with the nice leatherette frame to hold the device in. I received mine yesterday, and am really happy with it, it's very nice and solid without being bulky.

Plus they threw in a great free bonus when they shipped it as a surprise, a bubble-point stylus so now I don't have finger smudges all over the screen any more.

CaseCrown rocks!

Cheers
The REAL Joe

Last edited by therealjoeblow; 08-25-2011 at 11:28 PM.
therealjoeblow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:52 PM   #135
Tisdale
Bibliophile
Tisdale began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Received my case (and bonus stylus) for the KT from Casecrown today. I'm really pleased with it.
Its exactly what I was looking for and couldn't find locally.Thanks to all who posted about it.
Tisdale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
case, kobo, touch case stand easel