Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-06-2010, 01:58 PM   #1
blkhawk
Bit Wrangler
blkhawk is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.blkhawk is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.blkhawk is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.blkhawk is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.blkhawk is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.blkhawk is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.blkhawk is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.blkhawk is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.blkhawk is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.blkhawk is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.blkhawk is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Device: Oasis
Lightbulb post the root hash from your K3

This is the password hash I found in my Kindles shadow file before changing it. Lets see if all k3 have the same one:

8um/oo66URLp6

-blkhawk
blkhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:25 PM   #2
Ged_uk
Enthusiast
Ged_uk began at the beginning.

Device: K3-3G, HTC HD2
Could the pw be the code name like original Kindle, I think the K3's was Shasta?
Would post mine but I only have 5V serial adapters to hand ATM.
G
Ged_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:32 PM   #3
blkhawk
Bit Wrangler
blkhawk is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.blkhawk is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.blkhawk is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.blkhawk is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.blkhawk is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.blkhawk is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.blkhawk is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.blkhawk is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.blkhawk is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.blkhawk is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.blkhawk is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

I don't want to change it back atm - I think i will just wait for the next person to post his or her code. there was also second code in the shadow- file I did not save.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:33 PM   #4
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ged_uk View Post
Could the pw be the code name like original Kindle, I think the K3's was Shasta?
Would post mine but I only have 5V serial adapters to hand ATM.
G
I thought it was "luigi", or is the motherboard name different from the code name (like kindle 2 was "Mario")
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:19 PM   #5
Dibblah
Dibblah is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Dibblah is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Dibblah is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Dibblah is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Dibblah is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Dibblah is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Dibblah is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Dibblah is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Dibblah is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Dibblah is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Dibblah is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle 3
l.DZ3D5IibJGA

Cheers,

Allan.
Dibblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:37 PM   #6
dr_g100k
dr_g100k began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkhawk View Post
This is the password hash I found in my Kindles shadow file before changing it. Lets see if all k3 have the same one:

8um/oo66URLp6

-blkhawk
password is feonaXXXX
where XXXX - 4 hex digits (depends on serial number)
dr_g100k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:20 AM   #7
blkhawk
Bit Wrangler

hey thanks - nice to know the defaults
Old 09-20-2010, 10:26 PM   #8
qinbill
qinbill began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Dxg
Anyone already hacked into K3. Please copy its fonts out?
qinbill is offline   Reply With Quote