Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-19-2015, 04:34 AM   #1
Richard529
Richard529 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard529 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard529 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard529 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard529 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard529 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard529 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard529 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard529 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard529 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard529 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 1, Aura HD
YouTube: Paperwhite 2, Paperwhite 3 and Voyage

Comparison of the three models by Len Edgerly:

Richard529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 05:25 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
From the video, the PW3 does not look as clear as the Voyage. I think that's to do with the differences in the layers of the two devices. One thing that was really disappointing in the video is that there was no light comparison.

The next comparison I'd like to see is the PW3 vs the Glo HD.

Last edited by JSWolf; 06-19-2015 at 05:43 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2015, 05:37 AM   #3
howyoudoin
how YOU doin?
howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro 10.5”, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Yeah, he doesn't compare the lighting, but I still appreciate this video. It's extremely well shot. The lighting is very good (unlike the sickly yellow tint that afflicts all of the GoodeReader videos), well focussed, and he's labelled the devices to prevent any confusion.
howyoudoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 05:44 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howyoudoin View Post
Yeah, he doesn't compare the lighting, but I still appreciate this video. It's extremely well shot. The lighting is very good (unlike the sickly yellow tint that afflicts all of the GoodeReader videos), well focussed, and he's labelled the devices to prevent any confusion.
I agree, the lighting is good. The BadEReader videos have an odd tint to them making comparing almost useless.
Old 06-19-2015, 06:49 AM   #5
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
The video shows how nice the software update is going to be when it gets to the Voyage. It looks great on the PW3!

Anyone know what book he was reading?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2015, 07:02 AM   #6
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Excellent. Thanks!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 07:20 AM   #7
Hoyt Clagwell
Not an Addict
Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The blue one next to the fish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
The video shows how nice the software update is going to be when it gets to the Voyage. It looks great on the PW3!

Anyone know what book he was reading?

It is "Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End."

You can read an excerpt here:

http://ideas.ted.com/death-and-the-m...edical-school/
Hoyt Clagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 07:35 AM   #8
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyt Clagwell View Post
It is "Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End."

You can read an excerpt here:

http://ideas.ted.com/death-and-the-m...edical-school/
Thank you! That was an interesting read.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 07:37 AM   #9
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Thank you! That was an interesting read.
Yes there's was a Frontline show on this. The book has been on my TBR list since I saw it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRkr09ZMI3w
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:42 AM   #10
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Is it just me, or is the text on PW2 really a lot blacker than on PW3? Of course, no one here knows yet. But it's disappointing, from the video at least. I was looking forward to buy the new PW, but now I'm no longer sure. The contrast didn't seem to be particularly good in that video.
Well, there will be more videos and reviews.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 09:12 AM   #11
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I know my Basic Kindle looks alot sharper in the light than the Paperwhite. the flush screen might make a big difference
Scarpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 09:51 AM   #12
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
From the video, the PW3 does not look as clear as the Voyage. I think that's to do with the differences in the layers of the two devices. One thing that was really disappointing in the video is that there was no light comparison.

The next comparison I'd like to see is the PW3 vs the Glo HD.
Yeah Have to say PW2 looks better, dissapointing
Scarpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 05:21 PM   #13
mystika1
Addict
mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Air 2, , Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2Ov1, Kobo Mini
I also noticed that the pw2 looks darker. Guess I'll have to look at the demo model when it gets to best buy.
mystika1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 06:11 PM   #14
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
In the video the font looks darker on the PW2, but clearer on the PW3. It could just be the Bookerly font though that appears lighter in comparison to the others. I'll be able to do my own comparison with the three models.

The main improvement I'd like to see on the Voyage is bigger side bezels for holding. I really enjoy holding the PW2 at the bottom with one hand, naked.

Last edited by SCION; 06-19-2015 at 06:15 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 06:19 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
IThe main improvement I'd like to see on the Voyage is bigger side bezels for holding. I really enjoy holding the PW2 at the bottom with one hand, naked.
I would never admit if I liked reading naked. Personally, I prefer reading with my clothes on.