Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-13-2019, 05:50 PM   #1
Chudz
Chudz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2019
Calibre Metadata not showing on Kindle .mobi files

Hey,

I have some manga that im converting using "Kindle Comic Converter" then im putting the .MOBI files it creates into Calibre and downloading the metadata. I then send the comics to the Kindle via Calibre. However it is still showing some metadata that Kindle Comic Converter has set like the Author is saying KCC.

I think Calibre is making external metadata and Kindle Comic Converter has embedded it and my Kindle Paperwhite is using the embed data. I guess.

Any way to get around this and embed the Calibre data? The reason im using Kindle Comic Converter is because it has a manga mode where you can set it to read from right to left. It also seems to be converting them much higher quality without margins.

Thanks
Chudz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 06:54 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I regard Kindle's as health hazards, so my knowledge is scant.

But Calibre should update the metadata in the format file (MOBI) when its Sent to Device, not sure why it wouldn't in this case - viz:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-08-14 084453.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	172906

You could try using the Embed Metadata tool before sending, you'll probably need to add it to a toolbar/menu, or give it a shortcut, I have it set to Ctrl+E.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2019, 11:14 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre cannot update metadata in joint MOBI files such as those produced by kindlegen. To ensure that metadata is updated, convert to azw3 and send that to your kindle instead.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 06:21 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
calibre cannot update metadata in joint MOBI files such as those produced by kindlegen. To ensure that metadata is updated, convert to azw3 and send that to your kindle instead.
What about plain old Mobi (Mobi is not a dual-format. That's just Amazon being daft.)? Can that have the Metadata updated when sent to a Kindle?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote