Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-21-2009, 06:21 PM   #1
Cadillac84
Cadillac84 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I followed a thread, and here I am!

I was following a thread about an ebook readable version of the Gadshill Edition of Charles Dickens. As I approach the age of Charles, I find I have time to resume my reading; and, having begun my reading of English Literature with Dickens' works, I'd like to continue that without having to add a room to my already crowded house.

Anyway, I've been studying up on various ebook readers and though I said Kindle DX, my current device is "none" and the more I read about the DX, the less certain I am about wanting to jump in that direction.

For the price, I might do better with a tablet PC and B&N's free eReader!

Anyway, I followed a member who posted about the Gadshill Edition and I've sent him a PM, so I'll see what happens.

Meanwhile, the $3,800 set on eBay will have to wait.

I think I'll enjoy this forum -- glad I found it.

Chuck Moore
Cadillac84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 07:42 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Welcome to the forum, Cadillac84.

You must take a look at HarryT's editions of Dickens, which are very attractive and considerably more portable than the Gadshill edition; also cheaper!
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2009, 07:44 PM   #3
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome, Chuck!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:05 PM   #4
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, Chuck!

If you are set on a larger reader, you might want to wait until Sony makes their big announcement next week. There has been a lot of buzz about Sony coming out with a larger sized reader with WiFi like the Kindle. I have a Sony 700 and absolutley love it. As Patricia said, it would make carrying around a full set of Dickens a whole lot easier.

Happy Reading!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:06 PM   #5
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi Chuck, welcome to MR!

I second Patricia's suggestion to look into the free books here on MR. I've read several of the books uploaded by both HarryT and Patricia and can tell you that they both do a really nice job. I never feel like I thank them (and the other contributors) enough, so
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2009, 12:12 PM   #6
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlparker View Post
Hi Chuck, welcome to MR!

I second Patricia's suggestion to look into the free books here on MR. I've read several of the books uploaded by both HarryT and Patricia and can tell you that they both do a really nice job. I never feel like I thank them (and the other contributors) enough, so
What he said!

There are so many great classics here, so many books to read, and so many wonderfully generous uploaders! Enjoy your stay!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:40 AM   #7
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
While Harry's books are free, they are better made with fewer errors than any I have seen available elsewhere at any price. They are a pleasure to read.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote