Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 05-11-2012, 09:09 AM   #1
tomixed
tomixed began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS - T1
Sony PRS T1 screen orientation

Hey there,

i have a rooted PRS-T1 and it would be awesome if there is an app that could change the orientation of the screen from portrait to landscape mode, because the sony has no sensor and some apps just work in landscape mode.

Is there already an app or workaround or does somebody know how to program this feature ?
tomixed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:26 PM   #2
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Looks like two apps - "Rotation Locker" and "Ultimate Rotation Control" - might do what you want. The second is a pay-for app with a 7 day trial version. Note I haven't used either...

Cheers,
Simon.
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2012, 10:43 AM   #3
mitchelln
Enthusiast
mitchelln began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkophilus View Post
Looks like two apps - "Rotation Locker" and "Ultimate Rotation Control" - might do what you want. The second is a pay-for app with a 7 day trial version. Note I haven't used either...

Cheers,
Simon.
Unfortunately both of these failed to install. I get the dreaded "Download was unsuccessful, please try again"
mitchelln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:41 AM   #4
mitchelln
Enthusiast
mitchelln began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchelln View Post
Unfortunately both of these failed to install. I get the dreaded "Download was unsuccessful, please try again"
Rebooted the reader and tried Rotation Locker and this time it worked Not sure what was up. Anyway it works great. Especially useful for news reader type apps.

Last edited by mitchelln; 05-22-2012 at 11:45 AM.
mitchelln is offline   Reply With Quote