Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-29-2022, 03:19 PM   #1
fogice
Connoisseur
fogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Libre 2
Help me set the Plugboard to push Subtitles to my Kobo

I've created a Column in Calibre with the lookup name "#subtitle", type "Created from other columns". It has entries like "106,262 words, 6-7 hours".

I went to the KoboTouchExtended plugin, checked on Metadata:Subtitle, and tried to set the template. So now, every book on my Kobo has an entry that looks like this:
Code:
A Psalm for the Wild-Built
#subtitle
MONK AND ROBOT - 1
Becky Chambers
I've tried futzing with the Template Editor and the Template Tester, and I can't find a way to get the Subtitle field's data to populate to the Kobo. What should I fill in to make this work?
fogice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 04:31 PM   #2
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by fogice View Post
I've created a Column in Calibre with the lookup name "#subtitle", type "Created from other columns". It has entries like "106,262 words, 6-7 hours".

I went to the KoboTouchExtended plugin, checked on Metadata:Subtitle, and tried to set the template. So now, every book on my Kobo has an entry that looks like this:
Code:
A Psalm for the Wild-Built
#subtitle
MONK AND ROBOT - 1
Becky Chambers
I've tried futzing with the Template Editor and the Template Tester, and I can't find a way to get the Subtitle field's data to populate to the Kobo. What should I fill in to make this work?
You should try with
Code:
{#subtitle}
in the plugin. I remember I had the same issue some Years ago. Without {} it won't work.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2022, 06:06 PM   #3
fogice
Connoisseur
fogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
You should try with
Code:
{#subtitle}
in the plugin. I remember I had the same issue some Years ago. Without {} it won't work.
Perfect! Interestingly, it works in the Template Tester, but it doesn't work in the Template Builder, so I didn't think it would populate to the Kobo. But it does, so thank you very much!
fogice is offline   Reply With Quote