Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-04-2021, 03:48 AM   #1
Merlin_CZ
Merlin_CZ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Exclamation Unbrick Kindle Oasis 3 (10th generation)

Hello,

please can anyone help me with unbrick my Kindle Oasis 3 (10th generation)?

Kindle stuck on starting screen (tree of life and logo kindle). I tried push start button 40s (and 5min). Screen flash blank and again same screen tree and kindle logo.
If kindle is discharged on screen is battery with !, when i plug charger led is orange (later green) and screen changed to tree with logo kindle.
So i mean battery is ok, but dont start.

have you any ideas please ?
thank you very much.

(sorry for my english, is not very good)
Merlin_CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 11:07 AM   #2
HogDrvr
Connoisseur
HogDrvr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Did you press the start button 40s while it was plugged in? I think I read somewhere that it needs to be on the charger when you do that. Beyond that, I think you're screwed.
HogDrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2021, 11:38 AM   #3
Merlin_CZ

thanks for the idea, I read this elsewhere, so who knows: D

Charge Kindle with USB for at least 30 minutes, unplug the USB, and press Kindle’s power button for 30 seconds then release it. Notice, don’t press the power button when it’s charging.
Old 01-05-2021, 03:48 AM   #4
eilon
Enthusiast
eilon has a spectacular aura abouteilon has a spectacular aura abouteilon has a spectacular aura abouteilon has a spectacular aura abouteilon has a spectacular aura abouteilon has a spectacular aura abouteilon has a spectacular aura abouteilon has a spectacular aura abouteilon has a spectacular aura abouteilon has a spectacular aura abouteilon has a spectacular aura about

Device: Oasis 2017
I wonder If you can connect it to a computer and see the device as a storage device. In that case you might be able to download and copy to it a new firmware and hope that it will find it and install it.
eilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 06:44 AM   #5
Merlin_CZ

unfortunately, if i connect to pc nothing happened only charging kindle.
No storage device connected.
Advert
Old 02-17-2021, 07:30 PM   #6
zamana
Zealot
zamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kindles: Touch, PW1, Voyage
Did you remember if this happened just after you sideloaded a book from Calibre?
zamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 05:50 AM   #7
0xSiegfried
0xSiegfried is on a distinguished road

Device: KOA3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamana View Post
Did you remember if this happened just after you sideloaded a book from Calibre?
Yes, that's my case. I had first a pop up telling me that something goes wrong while disconnecting from my Mac. So I just press and hold the power button to reboot. Well after that, the kindle stuck on the tree screen
0xSiegfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 10:24 AM   #8
0xSiegfried

Update :
I connected the kindle to a PC (I use a macbook) and it starts booting. After that, it shows me the error pop up but once the windows has recognized the kindle as a drive. The pop up went away and everything works like a charm right now.
Old 10-21-2022, 10:42 AM   #9
HogDrvr
Connoisseur

Now it happened to me also. This was after side loading a bunch of KFX files from Calibre. I'm stuck on the Kindle logo with tree. I've tried holding the power button for 30 seconds, both connected to my Mac and not connected. I see the screen flash like it's rebooting but it only goes to that Kindle logo page. At no point does it show up as a drive on my computer. If I could get it to load as a drive I could erase it.

Anybody have any clues before I have to dump this in the trash?
Old 10-21-2022, 12:02 PM   #10
0xSiegfried

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogDrvr View Post
Now it happened to me also. This was after side loading a bunch of KFX files from Calibre. I'm stuck on the Kindle logo with tree. I've tried holding the power button for 30 seconds, both connected to my Mac and not connected. I see the screen flash like it's rebooting but it only goes to that Kindle logo page. At no point does it show up as a drive on my computer. If I could get it to load as a drive I could erase it.

Anybody have any clues before I have to dump this in the trash?
I think you should keep your kindle on the charge so it can index all the kfx you sideloaded. Never load a lot of kfx at once.
Old 10-21-2022, 12:07 PM   #11
HogDrvr
Connoisseur

That's how I first noticed the problem. Yesterday I had 918 un-indexed files. When I checked it again today, I still had 918 un-indexed files. That's when I elected to try rebooting it. I haven't been able to get past the opening screen ever since.