Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-16-2021, 11:54 AM   #1
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
University of Chicago Press 75% off all e-books: July 31 - Aug 6

Just got this email this morning:

Quote:
From August 16 through August 23, enjoy 75% off all e-books from the University of Chicago Press and selected distributed publishers!
Enter code EBOOK75 at checkout on our website.
I haven't tried this code for myself, but UChi is usually pretty good at doing what they say...

They have mostly academic non-fiction, as you'd expect. And their website is pretty easy to navigate by subject. They also have some fiction titles, including most or all of the Judge Dee series by Richard van Gulik (loosely based on a real historical character), the first three titles in Margaret Doody's enjoyable Aristotle Detective (yes, that Aristotle) series, and a good chunk (maybe all) of Richard Stark's Parker series (Stark was a pen name for Donald E Westlake).

UChi's books tend to be a little pricey, so even at 75% off they are not super-cheap, but better than you will do most of the year...

Here's a link to their homepage: https://press.uchicago.edu/index.html

And here are links to the three authors I mentioned:
van Gulik link: https://press.uchicago.edu/ucp/books...au5471828.html
Doody link: https://press.uchicago.edu/ucp/books...u18337756.html
Stark link: https://press.uchicago.edu/ucp/books...au6035391.html
sufue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 02:01 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
^

Unfortunately, a quick search of titles (avalable as ebooks) by Thomas Bernhard turned up zero.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 12:20 PM   #3
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

University of Chicago is repeating this sale this week, in 2022, using the same coupon code: EBOOK75.

Note the new dates for 2022 are Aug 15-22.

The links in the OP are still good...
Old 08-01-2023, 04:25 PM   #4
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

And again this year, 2023, still the same coupon code. So now I kind of wonder if that coupon code would work at other times . I'll have to try it some time.

In the meantime, per the email I received this morning, EBOOK75 will work for 75% off all UChi Press books, and some from selected other publishers. And it's good for July 31 - August 6, 2023.

Info and a list of the "other publishers" are available here: https://press.uchicago.edu/ucp/books...log/vc106.html

NOTE: I just noticed that the email says August 6, and the webpage says August 7 - I wouldn't push it if there were some books I really wanted...

Last edited by sufue; 08-01-2023 at 04:30 PM.
Old 08-04-2023, 10:23 AM   #5
nabsltd
Evangelist
nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th gen), Scribe
I filled in the gaps in my Richard Stark books. At $3.50 each, they are a steal worthy of Parker.
nabsltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 01:23 PM   #6
salty-horse
Wizard
salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Thanks!
I got the brand new The Apple II Age: How the Computer Became Personal: How the Computer Became Personal by the amazing Laine Nooney, which I thought I'd never read because it was so expensive.
https://press.uchicago.edu/ucp/books...195231688.html
salty-horse is offline   Reply With Quote