Notices

Old 06-24-2021, 03:49 AM   #46
omneity
omneity began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Pro, Onyx Boox Poke Pro, Likebook Mars, Likebook Ares
This worked for me also

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalonius View Post
I managed to get it! The thing that seemed to work was uninstalling and not installing the first driver (DriverInstall.exe). I then did the usual install of the actual driver (which I don't know if I needed to actually do) and I had to swap usb ports a time or two after that and then it worked. I hope this helps, the instructions really aren't the best.
Thanks for posting this. After failing to upgrade my Note pro using the Onyx Boox instructions, I followed your advice and uninstalled the first driver (the original installer offers an uninstall function). After doing this the process completed as per the original instructions.

After the original flashing to Android 9 there was an additional update that installed via the in-built update routine. All now working well on Android 9 and it feels a bit smoother and more polished than the original Android 6 build.
omneity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 09:38 AM   #47
moorekom
Connoisseur
moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma, Onyx Note pro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalonius View Post
I managed to get it! The thing that seemed to work was uninstalling and not installing the first driver (DriverInstall.exe). I then did the usual install of the actual driver (which I don't know if I needed to actually do) and I had to swap usb ports a time or two after that and then it worked. I hope this helps, the instructions really aren't the best.
Confirming that this worked. Thank you.
moorekom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 10:01 PM   #48
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ NookGlowlight, NST, PB360
Upgraded with no issues.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 01:53 AM   #49
klnasveschuk
klnasveschuk began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Nova Pro
Boox Nova Pro: I filled out the form in Google docs for Android 9, but heard nothing. Should I get a link to download files?
klnasveschuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 02:31 AM   #50
Markismus
Guru
Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: HiSenseA5ProCC, OnyxNotePro, lots of cracked Kobo's
Yes, they share a Google drive link with you.You can refill the form and generate the link again. I downloaded everything to my local drive, but it is also still there in my Google drive as a shared directory, iirc.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 07:18 AM   #51
cfairmichael
cfairmichael began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorekom View Post
Confirming that this worked. Thank you.
I also got the USB switch failure when updating a Note Pro. Uninstalling the first driver (driver assistant) then reinstalling the actual driver (zadig-2.5) worked for me too. I also removed all other usb peripherals other than the Note Pro
cfairmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 02:53 PM   #52
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ NookGlowlight, NST, PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
Upgraded with no issues.
Only thing Ive noticed is the touch sensitivity has gone up maybe. I touch the screen to move forward and a lot of times it hits two pages forward. Not sure how to fix this.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 03:50 AM   #53
Markismus
Guru
Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.

Notes

Does anyone run still into trouble with notes, nowadays? Or is that thoroughly a thing of the past?
Old 10-13-2021, 07:06 PM   #54
gat
gat began at the beginning.

Device: Irex DR800sg
finally worked for me... after failure had to open driverassistant4.5. and click on driverinstall.exe and use the uninstall button... then everything worked
gat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 09:42 AM   #55
Markismus
Guru

The Plunge: Some Highlights

Today I've taken the plunge, too.

Notes on backup
- Everything is wiped after the upgrade. Everything!!!
- The notes can be save to the cloud using a Onyx Book account. I gave my email and received a verification code, then I could do a backup. The same process for restore.
- I've done a local backup, which ends up in the directory local storage>note>backup.
- I've manually exported each handwritten note with the settings all pages and to pdf. They end up in in the directory local storage>note>NameOfNote. Remember there is also a tab with notes attached to documents.
- I've manually exported all annotations, both text and scribbles. Howto: 1) When you go to Reading Statistics>Annotations&highlights you get the list of _all_ your books with notes&highlights. 2) Click on it to go to the entries, 3) click on an entry to open the book, 4) Open menu. 5) Open Contents/bookmarks tab 6)Click on ...-subtab, select all in the lowest box, click export for text export, 7) Click Scribble-subtab, select all in the lowest box, click export for a pdf with all your scribbles, highlights and annotations. Rinse and repeat for all books.
-Finally, I've backed up the entire internal storage directory to PC.

Notes on flashing
- The DriverAssistant is for uninstalling previous Rockchip drivers. That's why some people find that uninstalling it after installing it works. However, just using it to uninstall a possibly present previous driver is enough.
- There is a new Zadig driver 2.6. It works, too.
- Remember to run Updater.exe with administrator rights.

Notes on restoring
- First upgrade to firmware 3.1, because Android 9 post-flash is still at 3.0.
- Restoring works for the notes. However, the annotations and highlights are part of the reader statistics and are lost entirely.
- Apparently, the full backup was only partially succesfull. Luckely, I do have most of that data, only spread around on my NAS. More work.

Last edited by Markismus; 10-14-2021 at 09:46 AM.
Old Yesterday, 09:06 AM   #56
Crowriver
Zealot
Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many!
So, folks I'm thinking to upgrade my Nova Pro to Android 9.

Is the only route to flash the ROM using a desktop utility tool? If so, do I need a Windows machine to do so? (I run mostly Macs).
Crowriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:06 PM   #57
Crowriver
Zealot
Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many!
Hm, I think for the meantime I will just stick with firmware 3.1 on Android 6. I cannot see many advantages for my usage with an Android 9 flash. If Boox provide future firmware upgrades on Android 9 for the "Pro" line, and the Android 6 firmware is stranded, then I'll reconsider.
Crowriver is offline   Reply With Quote