Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-23-2021, 05:02 PM   #256
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
KOReader does this easily, and is simple to install on a Kobo
But does KOReader currently work on a Libra 2 and Sage?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 05:15 PM   #257
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But does KOReader currently work on a Libra 2 and Sage?
There was a poster here who reviewed their Sage and used KOReader on it.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 12:09 AM   #258
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Just checked out the sage on the UK kobo site, and it says "sold out ", the libra 2 still says "buy now"
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 01:13 AM   #259
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
The Sage, both SleepCovers and the Power cover are all listed on Amazon UK now, with Amazon as the seller, but all out of stock. The sage is dearer than Kobo but the covers are much cheaper.

Last edited by Josieb1; 10-25-2021 at 09:51 AM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 09:43 AM   #260
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
The Sage, both SleepCovers and the Power cover are all listed on Amazon UK now, with Amazon as the seller, but all out of stock. The safe is dearer than Kobo but the covers are much cheaper.
The covers are also listed as out of stock.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 09:52 AM   #261
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The covers are also listed as out of stock.
I have my eye on them though. If Amazon get them before I get my shipment from Kobo (unlikely I know) then I’ll send back to Kobo order and get from Amazon
Old 10-29-2021, 03:36 AM   #262
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

I was so tempted to order the Libra 2 from Amazon, with a cover, and just wait for them to deliver it. Looks like a lot of people had the same idea as the Add to Basket button is gone this morning.

The same with the Sage Power Cover. That’s lost it’s Add to Basket too.
Old 10-29-2021, 08:22 AM   #263
Almamida
Guru
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage - Kindle PW5 & Voyage - iPad Pro M1 12.9
Well, if I may, knowing your issue with the front light of your Sage. The Libra 2 front light is flawless and better in color / homogeneity compared to my Sage, on top of having a slightly better contrast.
I didn't expect it to be that good, but if you're considering the Libra 2 for yourself, that must be worth the try if you find one in stock.
Almamida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 10:29 AM   #264
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almamida View Post
Well, if I may, knowing your issue with the front light of your Sage. The Libra 2 front light is flawless and better in color / homogeneity compared to my Sage, on top of having a slightly better contrast.
I didn't expect it to be that good, but if you're considering the Libra 2 for yourself, that must be worth the try if you find one in stock.
Thank you, I might risk an order with Amazon once its back as orderable, as they are the seller returning it wouldn't be an issue.
Old 10-31-2021, 10:32 AM   #265
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
I have a question about the Libra 2. Looking at the photos, it seems like the buttons are very close to the edge, which isn't a big issue except the edge appears to be raised? Or is that an optical illusion? If the edge is raised that seems like a very dumb design that makes it awkward to press the buttons
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 11:28 AM   #266
Almamida
Guru
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's raised at the edge. I had the same concerns but no, the thumb finds its place naturally and it's comfortable
Old 11-01-2021, 08:46 AM   #267
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
The Sage is similar and I find the button placement and that slightly curved up edge very comfortable too.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 10:23 AM   #268
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Occasionally, I find the Sage button unresponsive, so I have to tap or swipe. Also the top button is too high for my small hands when reading one handed (most of the time), so I mostly tap or swipe to go back. But that might be just me: I have severe arthritis and there are many things I can't do anymore. I don't complain, because even the "heavy" Sage (I never read with a cover) is way easier on my hands than paper books.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 11:06 AM   #269
Almamida
Guru

Mine also "freezes" and buttons become unresponsive. After 20ish seconds things go back to normal
Old 11-01-2021, 11:43 AM   #270
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almamida View Post
Mine also "freezes" and buttons become unresponsive. After 20ish seconds things go back to normal
Does it respond to either the sleepcover being closed or power button being pressed to enter sleep mode?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote