Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-15-2021, 12:48 PM   #1
jjl
jjl began at the beginning.

Device: nook
No DOC filter on PW or Oasis

I load 99% of what I read (thank you Kovid!) and use the DOC filter on the device when I go to "All" to decide what to download. I use the Amazon "Send to Kindle" app or device email address as I am often reading over multiple devices & that keeps them in sync. I then delete items after I read them. I have bought a 100+ books over the years from Amazon, but don't keep them on my device after I have read them. But, I don't delete them from Amazon permanently.

However, on new Kindle update(s) for paper white & oasis the doc filter is no longer listed. I just downloaded & manually installed 5.14.1 on both devices & no change. Is that just my devices or was that a "feature" of the new firmware update that the DOC filter was removed? The word "DOC" still shows on the books I loaded (& not on AMZ purchased books) & is still a filter on the amazon.com website (Books, docs, etc.).

Thanks in advance for any info.
jjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 01:11 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
I have the 5.14.1 firmware installed on my Oasis and I still have the Docs option under Filter in the library view. You may need to scroll the filter menu to see all of the choices there.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 01:53 PM   #3
jjl
jjl began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Thank you so much - didn't have to scroll before!
jjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 04:26 PM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I have DOCS on my PW4 & Fires. No problems.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 09:57 PM   #5
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjl View Post
Thank you so much - didn't have to scroll before!
And now I'll remember to scroll, too, if it happens to me. Thanks for asking the question!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote