Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-13-2021, 01:07 AM   #1
narr.greg14
narr.greg14 began at the beginning.

Device: max boox lumi
lost notes from pdfs after refreshing library (help)

Hello, I am in dire need of some help. I have just refreshed my boox max lumi library, and all of the notes on my pdfs are gone. Basically two years worth. I have a ton of highlights in those pdfs, so anything you can think of to get them back, I would love to hear. Thank you !
narr.greg14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 07:37 AM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Ouch. Do you have any backups?
Can you make a backup now?

Sorry, I don't even know how PDF annotations are stored, as modded PDFs or adjunct files.
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 10:10 AM   #3
zeng
Enthusiast
zeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverzeng exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

could you please check the files exist or not in storage? Or you can check if these files exist from PC connection. The data will not be removed, it just marked as "removed".
zeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 05:37 PM   #4
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Annotations in pdf files are stored in SQLite databases here:
Code:
/data/user/0/com.onyx.kreader/databases
Could you please check whether this file folder is empty.

What does "have just refreshed my boox max lumi library" mean?
Updating to firmware 3.1 (the database format changed with this version) or replacing pdf files?
Scribble information are connected in onyx database to pdf meta data. Have you changed them?

Please use the export icon in the scribble toolbar to embed scribble annotations into pdf file.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 12:04 AM   #5
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by narr.greg14 View Post
Hello, I am in dire need of some help. I have just refreshed my boox max lumi library, and all of the notes on my pdfs are gone. Basically two years worth. I have a ton of highlights in those pdfs, so anything you can think of to get them back, I would love to hear.
That's weird - my notes made with the pen are saved in the pdfs and can be viewed on other devices.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 02:15 PM   #6
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
I just upgraded my Note Pro to Android 9 and apparently, there are four kinds of notes.
1) Annotations and highlights
2) Scribbles in text
3) Notes associated with a document
4) Notes in separate files either associated with a file or independent.

1-3 Seem to be part of the reader statistics database.
4 Has its own database that can be exported as a database.

1-4 Can be exported as pdf-files. Single pages of 4 can be exported as png-files. You can enable auto-generate PDF when closing in the settings of the note app. (Version 3.1 at least.)

1 Annotations and highlights can be exported as text files, e.g.
Code:
BOOX Reading Notes*|*<<GA 14. - Zur Sache des Denkens (1962–1964), ed. F.-W v. Herrmann, 1970, 155p>>
NotePro
null
Time:2021-09-12 09:12
【Original Text】Man läßt die Widersprüche stehen, spitzt sie sogar zu und versucht, das Sich-Widersprechende und dadurch Auseinanderfallende in einer umfassenden Einheit zusammenzustellen.
【Annotations】Het meest in het oog springende van de te kort schietende, afgewezene dialectiek is wel 'umfassende Einheit zusammenstellen.' 
Schelling wees al terecht op het aspect karakter van de eenheid van een tegenstelling: Het vormt een derde disjunct naast de twee tegendelen. De eindigheid van het aantal disjuncten raakt zo geopponeerd  aan de omvattende eenheid van de. dialectiek.
Daarnaast is er het 'zusammenstellen'
【Page Number】13
-------------------

Time:2021-09-12 17:01
【Original Text】Sein besagt Anwesen
【Annotations】Er wordt hoe geen beroep op de Grieken gedaan, geen verwijzing naar epochale wendingen die Zijn doormaakt. Dit roept een beetje de aanpak van Zollikoner Seminare naar voren.

Later in deze tekst wordt de verbinding wel gelegd.
【Page Number】14
-------------------

Last edited by Markismus; 10-14-2021 at 02:17 PM.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 02:20 PM   #7
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos View Post
Please use the export icon in the scribble toolbar to embed scribble annotations into pdf file.
You can get there, too, from Menu>TOC>scribble icon>lowest box to select all>export. Also, the highlights and text annotations are exported, too.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lost notes, max boox lumi, notes, refresh