Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 08-31-2018, 12:35 AM   #1
chsaga89
chsaga89 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (7th Generation)
Calibre- Auto Send not working

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and have started using calibre recently. Before I jump in into my question, first of all I'll like to thanks Kovid for creating such wonderful tool . I have installed calibre 3.30 in my laptop and I'm using kindle 7th generation. For some reason news are not being sent to my Kindle automatically, though when I do it manually it works absolutely fine! I tried looking in forum if I could find something and I believe I have covered all the required check points (though there is something which is still missing & I don't know what it is) i.e.

1. Preferences->Interface->Behavior->Preferred Output Method->Mobi
2. Automatically send downloaded news to e-book reader->Check
3. Preferences->Sharing Book by email-> Formats->MOBI, TPZ, PRC, AZW, AZW1
4. Auto send-> Check
(Screenshot attached)

Not sure how relevant the below point is but just want to make sure I have everything in here-
Earlier I was not sure if I was keeping my laptop in sleep mode, but I specifically kept it in sleep mode yesterday and yet no luck.Also if you could tell me is it compulsory to keep it in sleep mode, I'll appreciate that.

I know this question have been addressed multiple time's in forum , but I don't know what is missing from my end. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide with this regards.

Attached Files
File Type: docx Screenshot.docx (2.89 MB, 205 views)
chsaga89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 12:59 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
When you say it isn't being sent do you mean the sending is failing or that calibre never tries to send it at all?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2018, 01:15 AM   #3
chsaga89

Thanks for the prompt response Kovid!

The calibre doesn't send it at all.
Old 08-31-2018, 01:17 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well your settings look OK to me, you can try running calibre in debug mode (right click preferences button) then download some news and post the log after the download is complete and the email is not sent.
Old 08-31-2018, 01:34 AM   #5
chsaga89

Here goes the log. Not sure if I got it 100% right, so please feel free to correct me. I ran it MANUALLY in debug mode and the file was sent to my email as well.
Attached Files
File Type: txt tmphuiweo.txt (366.7 KB, 577 views)

Last edited by chsaga89; 08-31-2018 at 03:13 AM.
Advert
Old 08-31-2018, 03:38 AM   #6
chsaga89

This is the log after the download and email not sent. Let me know if this is what you were looking for?
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log.txt (413.6 KB, 218 views)
Old 08-31-2018, 04:51 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Nothing suspicious in that log although for some reason calibre is taking very long to start on your system -- you can try disabling the splash screen in Preferences->look & feel

Now coming to your problem, run the following in a commadn prompt and post the output

Code:
calibre-debug.exe -c "from calibre.gui2.email import *; print(email_config().parse().accounts)"
Old 08-31-2018, 05:26 PM   #8
chsaga89

I have disabled the splash screen. Below is the output of commandn prompt(Also i have attached screenshot for your reference)-

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.228]
(c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\a>calibre-debug.exe -c "from calibre.gui2.email import *; print(email_config().parse().accounts)"
{u'sagarchamoli_32@kindle.com': [u'MOBI,TPZ,PRC,AZW,AZW1', True, True]}

C:\Users\a>
C:\Users\a>
Attached Files
File Type: docx Output.docx (759.7 KB, 173 views)
Old 08-31-2018, 08:03 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

That looks correct, I'm afraid I am stumped, I can see no reason why auto-sending should not work for you. If you want to investigate further you will need to run calibre from source as described here: https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/develop.html
If you are willing to do that, let me know and I will tell you where to add more debugging code to see why auto sending is not working.
Old 09-01-2018, 12:48 AM   #10
chsaga89

Yeah sure- I'll do it. Let me know how to proceed and I'll do it accordingly.

Last edited by chsaga89; 09-01-2018 at 01:27 AM.
Old 09-01-2018, 02:56 AM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

First follow the instructions in that link to run calibre from source. Then, edit the file src/calibre/gui2.email.py and add

print(111111111, account, files, opts.tags)

after line 160 (with the same indentation as all other lines). Then look for some output in the debug log starting with 11111111 that will tell us what data calibre is seeing about the news item from which I should be able to tell why it is not being sent.
Old 09-01-2018, 08:40 AM   #12
chsaga89

I think i'm stuck up here. I tried my best but is unable to execute the py file. It's there in system but i can't execute it. Tried python & editrocket software as well but no luck. Any idea how can it be done. Sorry not a techie, hence difficult for me Attached is the email screen shot which we were looking for (Note- I have taken that directly from archive )
Attached Files
File Type: docx Screenshot.docx (594.9 KB, 161 views)
Old 09-01-2018, 11:34 PM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You need to set the CALIBRE_DEVELOP_FROM environmnet variable as described in the user manual link I posted earlier. Once you do that, then the files in the calibre source code will be executed.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:47 AM   #14
chsaga89

It's giving me the below error-

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "email.py", line 16, in <module>
from PyQt5.Qt import (
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'PyQt5'

It seems there is some setting issue. This worked only when the path was updated to SRC-->Calibre--> GUI2, as for SRC it was saying the file does not exist.

I tried the same for Hello.py as well. When it's kept in src path it works fine, but when moved to calibre-->gui 2 it throws the error that the file does not exist.(Screenshot attached)

Probably it's looking for some data which is not covered in the new path and hence the error. I know it's taking long to troubleshoot from my end , but I'm trying my best before I post any update here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Command Prompt.zip (171.2 KB, 163 views)

Last edited by chsaga89; 09-03-2018 at 08:51 AM.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:26 AM   #15
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

What you need to do is:

1) Set the environment variable
2) Run calibre

When you do that the version number in the bottom of the calibre main window should have a star next to it indicating it is running from the source code

If it does you quit calibre and edit the email.py file in the calibre source code, adding the print statement I described earlier then start calibre in debug mode and download some news and post the debug log which should now include the output from the print statement

Tags
auto send, calibre 3.30, email to kindle, kindle 7, news download