Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-16-2017, 03:47 PM   #31
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Hi DiapDealer,
Just saw this. I will see if I can reproduce it on my Mac and get back to you.

KevinH
Thanks! No hurry. Everything I've seen/read say's that that particular code basically does nothing on a Mac anyway. It doesn't show the tkinter widget icon in the dock. But this is the first I'd heard of it actively breaking something.

tk.call() documentation is pretty thin.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 04:51 PM   #32
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
The problem is that tcl/tk 8.5 and lower does not support png icons only gif ones when used in this way. That said, tcl/tk 8.6 and later support png for icons in this way.

The problem is that Python 3.5 building from source on Mac OS X seems to now be hard coded to link to tck/tk 8.5 when previously they linked to either 8.5 or 8.6.

See https://www.python.org/download/mac/tcltk/

So the default build will no longer dynamically link to tck/tk 8.6 which has the fix.

This is so sad! I am going to have to rebuild the bundled Python and somehow path the build to actually look for and require 8.6 and not the stupid 8.5.

I will look to see what changed from building Python 3.4 to 3.5 and see if I can back out that change.

What a mess!

And why farting with this I have broken my portable Python 3.5 build completely so no more Sigil builds until I get it fixed!

KevinH
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2017, 05:02 PM   #33
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ouch! Sorry to have been the one to help you discover the mess.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:18 PM   #34
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The change was not in python, it was that the default search path for Frameworks used to be /Library/Frameworks followed by /System/Library/Frameworks when using gcc/clang in the linking stage to link to Tk or Tcl frameworks. More recent Mac OSX versions have locked down the /System path so nothing can write their anymore.

So I have to patch the Python 3.5.2 setup.py code to include the -F/Library/Frameworks to force it to look there for linking first. I will do this so that things will work again for our next release at least for the bundled Python.

KevinH
Old 01-16-2017, 08:29 PM   #35
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Yikes! All I can say is, thank you so much for developing and sharing Sigil, and sorry for opening the door to this mess with my question
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2017, 08:56 PM   #36
KevinH
Sigil Developer

No Problems.
I was able to fix the bundled Python interpreter on my Mac OSX machine to look in /Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework and its cousin Tcl.framework and for the ActiveState Active TclTk if it exists and if so use it.

So DiapDealer's current version of Tag Mechanic will now run with no changes needed.

The next build for Mac OSX will bring the fix to Sigil, in the meantime, commenting out those two lines is probably for the best on Mac OS X.

Thanks for the bug report,

KevinH
Old 01-17-2017, 11:12 AM   #37
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Can anyone verify that the png "wrench" icon is visible anywhere on a Mac (assuming python is linking to the version of tcl/tk where my code doesn't cause an error) when the plugin is running? If the icon doesn't appear in the dock (or anywhere else) regardless, I'd just as soon "if" that code out on the Mac platform. That way the plugin will work as is on Sigil 0.9.7 on a Mac.

If the icon DOES appear, though, I'll leave the code in and point to this stop-gap version of the plugin until the next Sigil release.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:38 PM   #38
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Can anyone verify that the png "wrench" icon is visible anywhere on a Mac (assuming python is linking to the version of tcl/tk where my code doesn't cause an error) when the plugin is running? If the icon doesn't appear in the dock (or anywhere else) regardless, I'd just as soon "if" that code out on the Mac platform. That way the plugin will work as is on Sigil 0.9.7 on a Mac.

If the icon DOES appear, though, I'll leave the code in and point to this stop-gap version of the plugin until the next Sigil release.
Not sure if this helps, but I re-installed the full plug-in (nothing commented out). I do not see the wrench anywhere on my Mac and the plug-in fails with the aforementioned error message. Thanks!
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 04:18 PM   #39
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
Not sure if this helps, but I re-installed the full plug-in (nothing commented out). I do not see the wrench anywhere on my Mac and the plug-in fails with the aforementioned error message. Thanks!
Thanks, Though at this time, someone would probably have to try it on an older version of Sigil (or a newer beta version) to see if the icon was ever visible or not on the Mac.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:40 PM   #40
KevinH
Sigil Developer

I can do it and report back. The window menu bar on Macs do not allow/show the icons, but it may show up in the panel if the Window is minimized, but typically these just map to a generic Python app symbol.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:49 PM   #41
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Okay, just tried it. The icon never appears anyplace. When you launch the Plugin you get the little Python Launcher spacecraft taking off (generic) as an icon, and if you minize the main window, you see mini image of the window itself in the panel, not the wrench icon.

So I would remove those lines only on Mac OS X but leave it for other platforms.

Hope this helps,

KevinH
Old 01-17-2017, 05:27 PM   #42
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Okay, just tried it. The icon never appears anyplace. When you launch the Plugin you get the little Python Launcher spacecraft taking off (generic) as an icon, and if you minize the main window, you see mini image of the window itself in the panel, not the wrench icon.

So I would remove those lines only on Mac OS X but leave it for other platforms.

Hope this helps,

KevinH
Good enough. I'd heard that that was the case, but didn't have any first-hand reports. Thanks! This way I can post a version that will work with Sigil 0.9.7+ with no user modification (or special plugin version) necessary.
Old 01-17-2017, 07:41 PM   #43
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

First post updated to v0.4.3

No immediate need to update unless your experiencing errors on a Mac.
Old 01-29-2017, 11:33 AM   #44
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

A beta version for testing. Mostly cosmetic changes and the consolidation of tons redundant code--all of which makes it easier to maintain and add new tags.

Changes include:
1) made the configuration dialog dynamically multi-column so it still fits on lower-resolution screens.

2) added some more common html5 tags to the list of available tags.

3) fixed a bug that would butcher html comments under certain conditions.

If someone could please verify that I didn't inadvertently break something else with my changes before I update the first post with the new version, I'd appreciate it.

EDIT: Removed beta attachment and updated the first post with the new version

Last edited by DiapDealer; 01-30-2017 at 03:42 PM.
Old 01-30-2017, 03:51 AM   #45
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Hi

I tried to use the last version of your nice plugin, but it failed.

Code:
Statut :failed

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/sigil/plugin_launchers/python/launcher.py", line 134, in launch
    target_script = __import__(script_module)
  File "/home/roger/.local/share/sigil-ebook/sigil/plugins/TagMechanic/plugin.py", line 15, in <module>
    from parsing_engine import MarkupParser
  File "/home/roger/.local/share/sigil-ebook/sigil/plugins/TagMechanic/parsing_engine.py", line 8, in <module>
    import regex as re
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'regex'
Error: No module named 'regex'

Using ArchLinux 64 bits. Sigil 0.9.7. Qt 5.8. Python 3.6.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote