Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 05-17-2014, 09:33 AM   #1
PiraatPedro
PiraatPedro began at the beginning.

Device: Noom Simple Touch With Glowlight
Problems upgrading memory card on Nook Simple Touch With Glowlight

So I'd been using a four gig card on my Nook Touch ever since I obtained the device a few months ago, however recently I upgraded the card on my tablet, leaving the eight gig card I had been using free. Now, I doubt I'll ever use that much space, but I had no other use for the card so I decided I'd slip it in my nook instead.

I formatted it and transferred all my books over just fine, and it reads okay, except that now it often refuses to retain my reading history, especially if it's been connected to my computer, and when opening books, I often get this message:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0610.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	123087

(FYI, this is not right in any way, I read to page 47 before switching cards, and have since advanced to page 90.) One book even refuses to show up on the "Most Recent" list in my library after opening. These difficulties persist even if I switch back to the old card, which has remained unaltered since the switch was initially made.

I was wondering if perhaps using the "Erase & Deregister Device" option might solve these issues. Any advice on the subject would be welcomed.
PiraatPedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 09:47 AM   #2
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Try a soft reset. If it doesn't work, do a hard reset. Just in case, I recommend you remove all SD-cards while doing it. Then put the original card in, then try the new card after. If it does it again, it's either the card, or a book on the card.

Personally, I'd root it
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2014, 03:54 PM   #3
PiraatPedro
PiraatPedro began at the beginning.

Device: Noom Simple Touch With Glowlight
Okay, seems to have worked, thanks.

Yeah, I've considered rooting it, but the hassle and risk of bricking have sort of stayed my hand. I brick the bloody thing I have to go back to using my Pandigital.
PiraatPedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:30 PM   #4
ereaderSam
Connoisseur
ereaderSam doesn't litterereaderSam doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I thought the Glowlight did not have an sd card slot?
ereaderSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:07 AM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereaderSam View Post
I thought the Glowlight did not have an sd card slot?
The OP was talking about the Nook Simple Touch w/ Glowlight -- not the newest Nook Glowlight (non-Simple Touch).
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert