Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-16-2011, 03:00 AM   #1
genepool
genepool began at the beginning.

Device: none
Proof Reading Service

How much do it cost? An english teacher, (not native speakers) in my country asked for $2.5 per page. Is it normal? Shouldn't it be per words?
genepool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:02 AM   #2
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Proofreading, which is the review of the edited manuscript to make sure that all corrections were made and that no new errors were introduced -- which makes it different from editing -- is usually charged (here in the U.S.) on either a per page or an hourly basis. How fast a proofreader can work depends on the subject matter and the exact extent of the work required, but in the U.S., hourly rates range from $20 to $50 and higher, and per-page rates range from $2.00 to $10.00 and higher.

In my 27 years of offering proofreading service, I have never charged by the word and I do not know any professional proofreaders who charge by the word. That is not to say that none do, just that I don't know of any.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert