Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Windows Devices

Notices

Old 06-21-2017, 11:57 AM   #1
CathyA
Zealot
CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Cloudlibrary for Windows doesn't show all books

I have a strange problem with the CloudLibrary app for Windows. I'm hoping someone here might have seen something similar or have some idea on how to fix it.

I had the book "Dangerous Minds" by Janet Evanovich on hold. The book was released on Tuesday and I received an email telling me it was now available to me. So far so good.

I started up the CloudLibrary app which is installed on my Windows 10 computer and went to My Books / Holds. The book is not there. I do see the two other books that I have checked out, and I only have one library that uses this app, so I'm not in the wrong account or anything like that. I try searching for all books by Evanovich and there are several found, but "Dangerous Minds" does not appear in the search results at all.

I go to the web page, dig out my card and login there, and sure enough, I can check out the book through that interface just fine and it shows up if I search for it. I can't download it though, only read it in my browser while connected to the Internet.

I tried installing the CloudLibrary app on an iPad and Android phone and all three books show up and can be downloaded and read on these devices.

Any ideas why it's not showing up on the Windows app or any suggestions about what to do to make it appear there?
CathyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 12:48 PM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Yes, I bet the format is epub3 (you can see it at the Web site). I hope you have better luck with support, I'm still waiting for an answer and I asked one month ago.

Enviado desde mi MI 5 mediante Tapatalk
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:13 PM   #3
CathyA
Zealot
CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, it is an epub3. The other books I've checked out are just plain epub. So it sounds like the problem is that the official Cloud Library windows app does not support epub3? Argh!
Old 06-22-2017, 10:51 PM   #4
CathyA
Zealot

Update: I contacted my library and I also sent a message through Bibliotheca's facebook page.

I asked the library to pressure Bibliotheca to provide support for epub3 in the windows app and also if they have a choice, to please purchase the epub format instead of epub3 in future. The response from the librarian said that she had contacted the company and confirmed that the next version of the app will support epub3; and she had also expressed her disappointment to them over the fact that they are selling epub3 when it cannot be read in all apps. No info on when the new app will be available or whether libraries have a choice on which format to purchase.

No response from Bibliotheca.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:08 PM   #5
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you for the information, let's see the new version... And what it breaks with ADE
Old 09-18-2017, 09:23 AM   #6
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Update: At this moment, CloudLibrary for Windows download ePub3 and read them at a web browser. The ebooks are at your PC, however, and you can open it with Adobe and send it to your ereader.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:59 AM   #7
CathyA
Zealot

Cool, thanks for following up. I got an update to the Cloud Library app a few days ago, but it turned out that my library had stopped purchasing the epub3 format (I suspect I was not the only user who complained), so I wasn't able to test the update. Good to know that it does work now.