Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-10-2013, 02:40 PM   #1
patp1946
Enthusiast
patp1946 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Using two Devices with Calibre Simultaneously

Simple question. Can you use a Nook Color and an IPad with Calibre simultaneously or do you have to go through a number of changes to Preferences in Calibre when you change devices? I would like to use both devices interchangeably if this will not be very difficult.

I have not yet set up the IPad to work with Calibre because this question just occurred to me when I was reading through the instructions on this forum.
patp1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:19 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You may only have 1 device CONNECTED at a time.
The (detected) device driver will take care of most of the rest. (Each device driver can be configured when the device is attached (and detected).
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:20 PM   #3
patp1946
Enthusiast
patp1946 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Thanks for the reply. Would be nice if upon connecting one of my devices a pop up would identify the device and ask me or automatically change the page setup to the correct device and redownload my newspapers that have already downloaded for the other device.
patp1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:11 AM   #4
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Bottom left identifies the connected device.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:22 PM   #5
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
I know this is an older message, but I just got my first iPad. Has the OP (or anyone else) done this successfully? I'm a little leery of trying it, for fear of then being unable to connect my NookTablet and transfer books.

Also, will using Calibre with my iPad 4 enable me to transfer my (disinfected) epubs into Marvin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patp1946 View Post
Simple question. Can you use a Nook Color and an IPad with Calibre simultaneously or do you have to go through a number of changes to Preferences in Calibre when you change devices? I would like to use both devices interchangeably if this will not be very difficult.

I have not yet set up the IPad to work with Calibre because this question just occurred to me when I was reading through the instructions on this forum.
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Calibre will always be 1 device when connected as a device.
Using a web browser with the Calibre content server running is always an option (local WiFi/wired network required).

Why not try? It is not like you don't already have the iPad and are still in purchase decision mode ?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote