Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-07-2014, 12:14 AM   #12166
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Some of those minus temperatures are insane; -54F (-65.2C), which means frostbite in 5 to 10 minutes depending on the wind.

The news says that regular motor oil freezes at 15F (-9.4) and antifreeze at −34F (−37C) which now makes sense why I heard that one city made it illegal to be driving.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:09 AM   #12167
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
COLD!!!!!

Down to 5 F - in NC! Windchills down to -10 F! That's frigid for NC!

Slept with 3 cats packed around me for warmth!

Irony - back into the 60's F by Saturday!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2014, 09:54 AM   #12168
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
COLD!!!!!

Down to 5 F - in NC! Windchills down to -10 F! That's frigid for NC!

Slept with 3 cats packed around me for warmth!

Irony - back into the 60's F by Saturday!

That is cold. I don't like the temps and windchill factors we are dealing with but at least it isn't unusual for Canada.

Stay warm Pooh...and remember not to accept any invitations involving pies and/or ovens.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:54 AM   #12169
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Just dealing with the darn cold! 1 F with 35 MPH winds (wind chill -20 - -30). I didn't sign up for this!!

LOL

My poor car!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:16 PM   #12170
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Yep. Cold. It has warmed up to 7° F.

The windows have become reverse radiators.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2014, 06:28 PM   #12171
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Still cold, but it has warmed up to a balmy 10 F. Keep that up and I'll be going out to sunbathe.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:36 PM   #12172
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Warm here, going up to 31 today, and on the weekend 41 and 37 are forecast.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:45 PM   #12173
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
The Weather App on my PC announced this morning that the temps were 18 "feels like 3" degrees Fahrenheit. The morning's headlines in our local paper pretty well summed things up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1389156314.264474.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	212.6 KB
ID:	117700  
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:54 AM   #12174
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
12 F actually felt comfortable this morning! After yesterday's 9 F! Fortunately the wind has dropped, reducing the wind chill factor.

Today's temps rising to a balmy 34 F!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:03 PM   #12175
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yep, we made it to the teens as well, with sun and clouds sharing the sky.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:30 AM   #12176
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

It is expected to get above 0 F today. All the way up to 15 F. We're having a heat wave.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:05 PM   #12177
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
A nice normal winter day. -12C right now, with a windchill of -16C.

Feels wonderful.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:08 PM   #12178
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
Regarding my bike trip, I called the bike shop on Tuesday morning explaining I wasn't feel safe riding in that weather. We agreed that I would stop by, without my bike, to take the tail light replacement, put it by myself and bring back the defective one later.
It turned out that the replacement tail light was behaving exactly as the first one. So I took the bike and both lights to the shop and kept my fingers crossed all afternoon hoping that the dynamo hub wasn't breaking down (this is pricey).
Actually the issue from the beginning was with the front light draining the power. Since I pointed what front light I would like them to put on my bike if the other expenses weren't too high, I came back to the shop to find that light set on my bike. And that didn't cost much.

With the improved front light and at last a working tail one, I was grinning all the time on my way home. It's obvious that the drivers see me better than before and I can ride faster in the unlit places.
All of that was in the drizzle but I didn't care. So much so that because last time they fixed the thing that was wrong with the gears, tonight I went out of my way a little to ride up as many hills as I could. Tiring in the end on a 3-speed urban bike, but exhilarating

Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and not too windy, so I'll go to check the progress on a nearby bike path. I've heard it has improved a lot.

Underlined parts to show that I stick to the thread subject
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:56 PM   #12179
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Up to 36 today, and 44 tomorrow and 39 the day after that. Urk. I'll have to hide inside the whole weekend. Sorry about the cold you Northerners are experiencing.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:19 PM   #12180
cromag

Not too bad today, but we're expecting more freezing rain for tomorrow morning.

Yippee?

Tags
clouds and lightning and, hugo and lefty