Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 04-16-2022, 09:08 PM   #421
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyta View Post
Couple of questions, anyone who bought the GL4 found out if you can change the front page so it doesn't show the recommendations? Or can you pull up the library to a full page?
I was going to say, I just use the Library View and when I back out of a book, I use the "Back Arrow" which takes me back to the Library, not the Main Page. But if you're seeing something besides your books on the Library View, then there must be a change in the GL4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyta View Post
Also any of you use OverDrive with your local library to borrow e-books? I assume ADE is still needed to do so.
Either ADE or the DeASCM plugin in Calibre. Since I use Linux, I use the DeASCM plugin.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 07:58 PM   #422
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
Just discovered that I’ve made it in the techie world! My post here was copied word for word by GoodEReader here.

How nice…
Wow. no footnote or anything giving you credit?
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 08:54 PM   #423
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
Wow. no footnote or anything giving you credit?
They must be so busy scanning forums looking for more material that they can post as their own that it slipped their minds!
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 02:50 AM   #424
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek does all things with Zen-like beautyCyfranek does all things with Zen-like beautyCyfranek does all things with Zen-like beautyCyfranek does all things with Zen-like beautyCyfranek does all things with Zen-like beautyCyfranek does all things with Zen-like beautyCyfranek does all things with Zen-like beautyCyfranek does all things with Zen-like beautyCyfranek does all things with Zen-like beautyCyfranek does all things with Zen-like beautyCyfranek does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: PocketBok Era, Kindle Oasis 3, Bookeen Diva HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
They must be so busy scanning forums looking for more material that they can post as their own that it slipped their minds!
They took a picture of PocketBook InkPad 3 from my blog as well, without any permission or footnotes:
- my post (29.06.2018) - http://cyfranek.booklikes.com/post/1...go-pocketbooka
- their post (23.10.2021) - https://goodereader.com/blog/electro...l-enhancements
Cyfranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 06:06 AM   #425
rhyta
Enthusiast
rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ST Nook w/Glowlight (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I was going to say, I just use the Library View and when I back out of a book, I use the "Back Arrow" which takes me back to the Library, not the Main Page. But if you're seeing something besides your books on the Library View, then there must be a change in the GL4.

Yes that is what I do on my ST with Glowlight. However the main screen on the new Glowlight has two horizontal columns on the front screen, library on the top and Suggested reading on the bottom. I wondered if it will be possible to have a full page library without the recs from B & N.

Anyone out there have any experience with this? Also does it still require ADE for library books? Thanks
rhyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 03:14 AM   #426
nick84
Enthusiast
nick84 began at the beginning.

Device: KA2, KH2O2, KAOne, Nook4, KMini, PW5, K11, KV
Hi all,

I was wondering if something similar has ever happened to you. I was just reading a book when the Nook suddenly reset and when it came back online I was still registered but all my book were gone from the library, including collections. Wi-Fi was turned off. Strange.

Edit:

So I just plugged the Nook to my PC, ejected twice and all books reappeared, but not collections.

Last edited by nick84; 06-27-2022 at 03:21 AM.
nick84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 07:09 AM   #427
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
This is not directly a solution, but if you're ever having to "eject" your device you're treading on dangerous ground.

USB Mass Storage (UMS) is an antiquated system for syncing devices. The section of flash memory that is partitioned off is like your cherished baby. UMS is like throwing it over the fence to a neighbor, "You take care of it for a while". When it comes back, what condition is it in? Is it still living? What changed?

Other means of syncing (like ADB, FTP, MTP) are more like, "I'm not letting you touch my baby, you ask me if you want to add any files."
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 09:46 AM   #428
nick84
Enthusiast
nick84 began at the beginning.

Device: KA2, KH2O2, KAOne, Nook4, KMini, PW5, K11, KV
At first I thought nothing changed, however I have just uploaded a new title via Calibre and the Nook does not see it. Surprisingly all previously uploaded book files (epubs and folders) have disappeared from the main folder although they are available on the device. To be honest I'd be better off using Koreader, unfortunately it drains the battery like crazy (or the android launcher does). I prefer large fonts and after two hours of reading on Koreader the Nook needs full charge.
nick84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 03:35 PM   #429
gforgiraffe39935
Enthusiast
gforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Nook, Kobo, Kindle
New NOOK GlowLight 4 Pearl Pink Limited Edition. Only online. I want it….
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/noo...=9780594087496
gforgiraffe39935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 05:55 PM   #430
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by gforgiraffe39935 View Post
Looks nice. I think this is the first time the Glowlight 4 has been priced at $120. The Glowlight 4e is at $96. So a pretty good sale for both of them.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 07:04 PM   #431
christianbk
Connoisseur
christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: At least one of each brand
Not particularly fond of the pink color... but like the idea of possibly exploring some different color choices in the future, which would be nifty.
christianbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 10:35 PM   #432
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
I do like that pearl bezel. Looks really nice.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 08:12 AM   #433
gforgiraffe39935
Enthusiast
gforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Nook, Kobo, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianbk View Post
Not particularly fond of the pink color... but like the idea of possibly exploring some different color choices in the future, which would be nifty.
I think a white option is nice. B&N will now have a black or white option for the GlowLight, similar to other major competitors.

If one uses a case, you'll never see the pink back.
gforgiraffe39935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 11:35 AM   #434
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Not very related, but the latest line of Walmart tablets ("Gen 3") is out now in 3 sizes, 4 colors: gray, yellow, purple, blue.

(2022) 7" ($59): https://www.walmart.com/ip/onn-7-Tab...coal/169995658
(2022) 8" ($79): https://www.walmart.com/ip/onn-8-Tab...coal/530143567
(2022) 10" ($109): https://www.walmart.com/ip/onn-10-1-...coal/126787849

I think that the price/performance is pretty good for a knock-around tablet.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 06:33 PM   #435
cgsmom
Addict
cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook GL4+, Nook GL4e, Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4, iPhone 14
Quote:
Very nice. I would be tempted if I hadn’t just bought an Oasis.
cgsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nook