Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-25-2018, 07:32 AM   #16
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Are your sure that reading the chapter is going to give the expected information?
Like to say yes (if there is something to find about). But I am also realistic and know for sure that you will not find an answer to everything as I did read the whole manual over the years more often than most users ever did (during translation activities in the past).
My point was that there are more "simple" activities possible and if there is missing something in the manual it is easy to extend it with examples users commonly have and point to it. I know also from my experiences in the past that Kovid implement all kind of improvements to the manual when ever I ask for it.
But you are right, my answer won't help for an more universal search string construction tool. My suggestion was thought more as additional alternative.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:32 AM   #17
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Damn - was hoping you might volunteer to turn one of my wild dreams into reality

Hope you're well, I have a cold I can't shake off

BR
I hope your better soon, I'll touch wood for no getting it in Summer, awful to cure..
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:35 AM   #18
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divingduck View Post
But you are right, my answer won't help for an more universal search string construction tool. My suggestion was thought more as additional alternative.
It helps in that sense, for simple alternatives, but complex alternatives usually require a previous knowledge, that's the problem.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:06 AM   #19
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Like all tools have for building up complex behaviors (like the former mentioned tools from JGS for regex).
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 01:44 PM   #20
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divingduck View Post
Like all tools have for building up complex behaviors (like the former mentioned tools from JGS for regex).
Yes, that's the reason it doesn't make sense trying to do them mainstream.
Old 07-25-2018, 01:47 PM   #21
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
What I had in mind was: a) make the Advanced Search dialogue non-modal, b) add a multi-line edit box and c) add a button "Add Term to List". After creating the list of terms, the user would edit the content of the box to insert the parentheses, ands, ors, and nots. And when they're done they would cut and paste their expression into the search box. But I can appreciate how even that is non-trivial.
Reading this I see there is a place where you can find something similar: colouring columns. In the end, the real complicated rules I create them in program mode by hand.
Old 08-15-2022, 03:22 AM   #22
Fynjisx
Connoisseur
Fynjisx began at the beginning.

Device: xiaomi
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The 'And' "Or" behavior is set at the bottom of the Tag Browser
Use the wrench-screwdriver icon to see the options for the Tag Browser
is there a shortcut key that changes or to and?
Fynjisx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 11:09 AM   #23
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fynjisx View Post
is there a shortcut key that changes or to and?
Did you look in Preferences: Shortcuts: tag Browser?
(Short answer: YOU can set one to get to that setting)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote