Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 01:35 PM   #1
karl1c
Connoisseur
karl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: iPad
Is interface_demo_plugin broken?

I've written a plugin by looking at other plugins and it works well on my MacBook.

I've tried to install it on my desktop. It says it's successful, but the icon never shows. Starting calibre-debug -g shows it loading successfully, but no icon.

So, I removed Calibre and did a find and delete of anything with calibre in the name in /Library and ~/Library and tried to install https://calibre-ebook.com/downloads/...emo_plugin.zip but that doesn't work either.

Help! :-(

PS I've tried 3.40.1 and even downgrading to 3.34.
Old 03-25-2019, 01:38 PM   #2
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Assuming it is a GUI Plug-in, add its icon to your toolbar in Preferences > Toolbar & Menus.
Advert
Old 03-25-2019, 02:36 PM   #3
karl1c
Connoisseur
karl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Thanks, I've tried that, but can't see the Plugin's icon there to add it.

I've now managed to get the interface demo to show, but not my own plugin.
Old 03-25-2019, 02:51 PM   #4
karl1c
Connoisseur

I've deleted everything and reinstalled Calibre 3.34, then calibre-customize -b . my plugin.
Opened calibre. Closed calibre. Opened calibre and Preferences | Plugins | customise plugin and I get this message:

calibre, version 3.34.0
ERROR: Must restart: You must restart calibre before you can configure the <b>KyBook3 Sync</b> plug-in

Does that help any? It seems the plugin is not getting registered properly.

How can I debug this? Thanks.
Old 03-25-2019, 03:09 PM   #5
karl1c
Connoisseur

OK, now it doesn't work on the MacBook either. I guess I must have changed something, but I remember it working before putting the MacBook to sleep. :-(
Advert
Old 03-25-2019, 04:36 PM   #6
karl1c
Connoisseur

On the MacBook, I went through the code commenting out until the plugin loaded properly. I then uncommented it all and it still loads and works properly!

I did the same on the desktop, but it stops when the code is uncommented again.

Any thoughts?
Old 03-25-2019, 10:30 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It would help if you posted your plugin
Old 03-26-2019, 08:06 AM   #8
karl1c
Connoisseur

Thanks @kovidgoyal It seems this isn't a problem with the Demo plugin and is with mine, so I've moved to the Development forum as that seemed more appropriate. There is a copy of the plugin there.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=316184
Closed Thread