Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-21-2019, 03:48 PM   #1
Princess kindle
Enthusiast
Princess kindle began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 8th
Question How to Label personal documents such as books, and integration with goodreads?

Hello everyone, this is my first post and I am excited to be able to ask the experts.
I do not know if this is the right forum for my question, if not, please move it to the corresponding forum
I use a kindle for books and personal documents and I have several doubts.

1. How can I have my personal documents labeled as books? to share the extracts underlined on twitter with the name of the document and not generically.
2. How can I integrate books with goodreads?
3. Is there any way to add the series of books automatically? and have the same cover size?

I would like to make those adjustments autamatically, I have more than 10,000 books and it is practical to change them one by one.
Of course, thank you very much to everyone.
Princess kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 07:25 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I can't help with the Kindle side of things.

For integrating with Goodreads, there is a Goodreads metadata source plugin to assign an id and fetch metadata from Goodreads to calibre. There is also the Goodreads Sync plugin that can be used to sync things like the shelve, review and reading status.

Series info can be added by downloading metadata using one or more of the metadata sources. Or if you know what series to use for a set books, you can use the Manage Series plugin to do it.

Can't help with the cover as I take whatever is the best looking cover I see when getting the metadata.

And I also can't help with automating this. I update the metadata as I add a books. That is rarely more than a few a week, so it doesn't take much time. You could try using the bulk metadata download for batches and trust it to get things right. if the titles and authors are correct, this is reasonably accurate, but there can be problems with similar titles.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2019, 08:59 PM   #3
Princess kindle
Enthusiast
Princess kindle began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 8th
Hi again, thank you very much for answering so soon.
I'm going to do what you tell me. I'll look for the add-on to manage series.
I wonder what the complement is called Goodreads metadata source plugin? to looking for.
When I do what you tell me, I will tell you how it was.
goodbye
Princess kindle is offline   Reply With Quote