Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/calibre", line 20, in <module>
    sys.exit(calibre())
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui_launch.py", line 74, in calibre
    main(args)
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 527, in main
    app, opts, args = init_qt(args)
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 113, in init_qt
    app = Application(args, override_program_name=override)
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/__init__.py", line 854, in __init__
    self.setup_styles(force_calibre_style)
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/__init__.py", line 965, in setup_styles
    self.load_calibre_style()
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/__init__.py", line 996, in load_calibre_style
    self.pi.load_style(icon_map)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'load_style'
zubalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 10:46 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That indicates someone in Arch updated the Qt/PyQt packages but forgot to rebuild calibre against them. Unistall the Arch calibre package and install the official binary from https://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux an you should be fine.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2019, 12:16 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
This is implausible, as it works for me, and I built the version of calibre under discussion on 3/08, while the current latest version of pyqt5 is 5.12-2, built on 2/10 (nearly a month earlier).

Possibly your PyQt5 version is out of date instead?
There are a bunch of Qt5 packages updated to 5.12.2-1 as of the 14th, but that shouldn't matter in this case. The progress indicator is not even linked to private headers...

Full details on all related package versions would be helpful.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:39 AM   #4
zubalea
zubalea began at the beginning.

Device: none
Solved:

I had updated all of the repository and then installed Calibre. However I had not installed any outstanding packages that need to be updated. I suspect that one of them was need for Calibre. So I updated all packages, then installed Calibre and everything was working.

Thank you both as it help me fix my issue.

Last edited by zubalea; 03-28-2019 at 07:18 AM.
zubalea is offline   Reply With Quote