Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-25-2019, 01:57 PM   #1
jongold
jongold began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Seamlessly sending websites to eReaders from phones

edit: oops, meant this to be in the What One Should I Buy forum

Apologies if this has been done to death, but I'm going crazy trying to figure out what to search for.

I have a Kindle Paperwhite that I love for reading eBooks (and for better or worse, I have a pretty big Kindle collection).

The workflow I'd love to have work flawlessly is "I'm reading a thing on my phone (or Mac) and want to read it on an eReader *right now*". I use the Android "Upload to Kindle" app which never seems to work - I usually hit "sync" on my Kindle for 15 minutes and then get distracted - I have no idea if the app is failing or if the Kindle document service takes time / is broken or what.

I'd buy another device if necessary, but I'm sure this can't be an unreasonable task to want…

How do y'all do it? Go from reading on a phone to reading on an eReader, as quickly & seamlessly as possible? What are the search terms I'm looking for?

Last edited by jongold; 03-25-2019 at 02:10 PM.
jongold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 07:45 PM   #2
bit101
Connoisseur
bit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Onyx Nova Pro
I have an Onyx Nova Pro. I installed Pocket on the Nova and on my phone (and the web extension on the desktop). I can send any page to Pocket and then open the Pocket app on the Nova and read the article. I also have Instapaper installed, which does pretty much exactly the same thing.
bit101 is offline   Reply With Quote