Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-05-2010, 10:57 AM   #1
bugeyed
Connoisseur
bugeyed began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo 2, PRS-600
? about using Calibre, Reader Library & Adobe

I would prefer to not use the Sony App. & use Calibre for library management. I have not installed Adobe Digital Edition & have used the Sony Reader Library to authenticate DRM'd eBooks. Is it preferable to use the Adobe app. instead of Sony? I would like to minimize the steps in my work-flow of buying an eBook, getting it ready for Calibre & transferred to my PRS-600. Any insight is appreciated.
Thanks,
kev
bugeyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:28 AM   #2
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
I was prompted to download ADE for one book once, a long time ago. Since then I have never used it. I occasionally buy books from the Sony store using my other computer which does not have ADE installed, and I don't have any problems. You can probably skip ADE entirely, but maybe someone else will have some better insight.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert