Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 03-17-2009, 09:19 PM   #1
Pestilence
Pestilence began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Fonts used in a LRF file

Hi there, apologizes if this is in the wrong forum, but this seems to be the most relevant.

I have a Sony Reader 505 and have modified it with a custom font (replaced the Dutch one as indicated in the manual). Everything is good with that, RTF looks great, very readable.

However, when I create a LRF file in BookDesigner or Calibre and then import it into my Reader, it doesn't use the modified font (I have Dutch selected in BookDesigner's LRF section for the text) and uses what I assume to be the default one (its a serif one).

Now I know that you can embed fonts in an LRF file but I did not specify an external font when creating the LRF, I just used the default ones in the dropdown (this is in BD, I left things blank in Calibre). The only thing that I can think is the BD and Calibre are embedding the system fonts in the LRF file; and if that's the case, then it should be a small matter for me to replace the Dutch font in BD/Calibre with the one that I want to use.

Has anyone else run across this problem and does anyone know of a fix? Hopefully its something that I've been doing wrong. I've been using RTF as a temporary file format, but its lacking in extras.

Thanks,

Pest
Pestilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:24 AM   #2
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
BD reformats all text when its imported

Use German for BD

and Import/Embed the font in the second tab of the LRF output
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert