Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 03-15-2018, 10:32 AM   #1
FavSport:Reading
Enthusiast
FavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheese

Device: Nook Glowlight 3
How to bring series # to device with books

I have all of my series finally figured out and showing correctly in a test column I made. However, when I send a book (just trying one to test it for now), it does not bring over the book number in the series. It just gives me the title and series name.

I currently have the following in my megadata plugboards section:

{series}{series_index:0>2s| #| - }

I’m sure it has to be something simple I can tweak in my settings somewhere, but I don’t know what that is. I am overwhelmed with all of the reading I have been doing and my head is simply spinning.

Any help would be appreciated.
FavSport:Reading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 12:09 PM   #2
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I dunno either. My current set up works fine on the ST and the 1st Nook Glo, but does not work on the Glo3. Hopefully someone has figured it out.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2018, 12:17 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Why is this Q in CC?

CC uses Calibre Metadata directly for its use. It Expects that this is what you use for you Librarian, not the reading app.

I don't think there is a way to manipulate it with the Plugboard unless you use CC connect to device mode if you want to pass it through CC. Strictly an app dependent inightmare
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 02:06 PM   #4
Enthusiast
FavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheese

It’s in CC because I’m new to this forum and made a mistake. I posted the same question in Calibre explaining what I had done. I apologize.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:35 PM   #5
Enthusiast

Tarana,

I finally got the correct answer from Angel in the Calibre section. It worked. Do the following:

Go into Preferences
Then megadata plugboards
Add new plugboard: any format
Device: any device
Source template: {title} - {series_index:0>2s} - {series}
Destination field: title

It works like a dream. I am so thrilled that somebody was finally able to answer my question. Have fun!

Last edited by FavSport:Reading; 03-15-2018 at 07:08 PM.
Advert