Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-13-2018, 07:59 PM   #91
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlelover73 View Post
So I got my KOA2 today, and unfortunately I hooked it up to wifi because I didn't read enough to know how to skip wifi setup. It updated and couldn't be jailbroken.

I'm returning it for a replacement in two days, but can anyone point me to the newest guide on how to jailbreak the KOA2 before then? Because I'm having a hard time working out if the KOA things will work, or where the info actually is.

Thanks!
It is hidden.
I named the thread: "KOA2 Jail break"
Figured nobody new to the forum would be able to find it with a name like that.

It you can find it, try reading the first post.

The KOA2 is a significantly different device than the KOA.
They share two things in common:
The name: Amazon, on the device
The name: Oasis, on the package and literature.

Last edited by knc1; 01-13-2018 at 08:03 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:41 PM   #92
Turtlelover73
Turtlelover73 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 9th Generation
Well I just got the replacement in, and it came with 5.9.2 already installed... Guess I'll just go without jailbreaking until someone comes up with a way to jailbreak this one.
Turtlelover73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2018, 12:37 PM   #93
Ben260
Ben260 began at the beginning.

Device: KOA
Same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlelover73 View Post
Well I just got the replacement in, and it came with 5.9.2 already installed... Guess I'll just go without jailbreaking until someone comes up with a way to jailbreak this one.
Me too. I just received my new KO2 and it came already with 5.9.2
Ben260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 12:48 AM   #94
voyeah
voyeah began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Hi knc1,
I got my Kindle Oasis 2 with 5.9.0.5.1 and series G000P812 from Amazon US .
May I have your help to jaik break it?
B.R
voyeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 08:51 AM   #95
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Advert
Old 01-26-2018, 02:38 PM   #96
JoeKindle
JoeKindle began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Epos2, KOA2, PB740, KA1
Hello knc1
I would like to jailbreak my KOA2 G000SA12 (Amazon Germany) with FW 5.9.0.6.

Could you help me by providing instructions, please ?
Thank's a lot !
JoeKindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 03:16 PM   #97
knc1
Going Viral

PM sent.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:43 AM   #98
fabman
fabman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kindle Paperwhite, kindle dx graphite, Kobo Aura One
Is actually possible and safe right now to jailbreak and install the screensaver hack on the Kindle Oasis 2?. I haven't been able to find any more info than this thread and this one:

https://github.com/knc1/KOA2_Jailbreak

Is it tested and safe?.

I have the 5.9.2.1 firmware

Last edited by fabman; 02-03-2018 at 10:45 AM.
fabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 10:52 AM   #99
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabman View Post
Is actually possible and safe right now to jailbreak and install the screensaver hack on the Kindle Oasis 2?. I haven't been able to find any more info than this thread and this one:

https://github.com/knc1/KOA2_Jailbreak

Is it tested and safe?.

I have the 5.9.2.1 firmware
You can not jail break 5.9.2.1 on the KOA2 since there is no 5.9.2.1 firmware for the KOA2.
Presuming you meant: 5.9.2.0.1 ...

(1) Not possible,
(2) Safety of something not possible is unknowable
(3) That is the info that there is, there is no other info. (TiTi3 - sort of like: TW3)
This add-in is not known to be ready (you may have noticed, the screen on the KOA2 model is different than the other models).
(4) The jb you linked too is the only one we have, and none of the users have reported any problems.
Unfortunately, it is all too late for your device, we do not have a jailbreak for your firmware version.

Last edited by knc1; 02-03-2018 at 10:59 AM.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:37 AM   #100
fabman
fabman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kindle Paperwhite, kindle dx graphite, Kobo Aura One
Sorry!, Yes, I meant 5.9.2.0.1, I missed the 0

Ouch!, I just added the folder with the temp text on the name for blocking the next updates in case someone is able to crack this version in the future.

I appreciate the info, than you very much!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
You can not jail break 5.9.2.1 on the KOA2 since there is no 5.9.2.1 firmware for the KOA2.
Presuming you meant: 5.9.2.0.1 ...

(1) Not possible,
(2) Safety of something not possible is unknowable
(3) That is the info that there is, there is no other info. (TiTi3 - sort of like: TW3)
This add-in is not known to be ready (you may have noticed, the screen on the KOA2 model is different than the other models).
(4) The jb you linked too is the only one we have, and none of the users have reported any problems.
Unfortunately, it is all too late for your device, we do not have a jailbreak for your firmware version.
fabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 12:10 PM   #101
freebsd
freebsd began at the beginning.

Device: KO2, KV
Hi. I've been reading this post since the beginning, have the new Oasis from December and maybe this is the time to try. @knc1 could you please give me the pass on PM? I have my Kindle stay wifi off most of the time and have folder `partial.bin...` for blocking automatic updates. I'll update thread just after try. My Kindle data below:

Model: Kindle Oasis 2, WiFi only, 8 GB (6,099 MB free after empty folder added and no books downloaded)
Firmware: Kindle 5.9.0.5.1 (3233590008)
First 6 of Serial: G000 P8
freebsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 12:29 PM   #102
knc1
Going Viral

pm sent
Old 02-08-2018, 04:31 AM   #103
freebsd
freebsd began at the beginning.

Device: KO2, KV
My device for a reminder:
Quote:
Model: Kindle Oasis 2, WiFi only, 8 GB (6,099 MB free after empty folder added and no books downloaded)
Firmware: Kindle 5.9.0.5.1 (3233590008)
First 6 of Serial: G000 P8
Successfully Jailbroken. Thanks knc1 a lot! Everythings looks good.

One question just to be sure: Can I update to the newest version of firmware (5.9.4) without loose JB with Survival Code and ability to run KUAL and/or install packages by UYK? I believe yes, but better to ask before.
freebsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 09:33 AM   #104
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebsd View Post
My device for a reminder:

Successfully Jailbroken. Thanks knc1 a lot! Everythings looks good.

One question just to be sure: Can I update to the newest version of firmware (5.9.4) without loose JB with Survival Code and ability to run KUAL and/or install packages by UYK? I believe yes, but better to ask before.
Tricky question.
It depends mostly on what version you are updating FROM.
That is, the one that is running and doing the updating.
There is a slight chance that the result could be different depending on what the new system does when it gets control.

But since we know that update to 5.9.0, 5.9.2, etc works, I expect an update to 5.9.4 will work also.
We do not deduct karma points for being the second one to do the update.

Somewhere here, very recently, I mentioned (with links) how to use Feed Rinse and IFTTT to give you an SMS (or email) on every mention of 5.9.4 (or anything else) on this forum.

(And no, I am not going to give details in public of the weak spots in our jail break survival system.)
Old 02-08-2018, 03:39 PM   #105
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Tricky question.
It depends mostly on what version you are updating FROM.
That is, the one that is running and doing the updating.
There is a slight chance that the result could be different depending on what the new system does when it gets control.

But since we know that update to 5.9.0, 5.9.2, etc works, I expect an update to 5.9.4 will work also.
We do not deduct karma points for being the second one to do the update.

Somewhere here, very recently, I mentioned (with links) how to use Feed Rinse and IFTTT to give you an SMS (or email) on every mention of 5.9.4 (or anything else) on this forum.

(And no, I am not going to give details in public of the weak spots in our jail break survival system.)
I did update my PW3 to 5.9.4. It was on 5.9.2 before.

My hotfix stayed, I tested it by running ";log llll" and got the message from the runme script system "Wrong arguments; use MRPI or RUNME" or somethign similar"
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote