Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-03-2010, 04:04 PM   #1
lala
lala began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
DH cracked my K2

When the K2 was announced, my DH told me to buy one for myself since I love to read. He also told me to purchase the extended warranty because we have 2 preschool aged kids who would probably break it.

I read the kids "Arthur" books on the Kindle and the kids know not to touch the screen (although my 2 yo loves to press the keyboard buttons while I'm reading... he loves watching my reaction.)

Fast forward 11 months.... I turned on my K2 to read last night and notice that the top right corner is not refreshing. No big deal; it's a small corner and doesn't really impair my reading. I showed it to my DH and then he sheepishly admitted that he knocked my K2 (enclosed in its zippered Patagonia case) off my dresser earlier in the day. (Busted!) I think I'll make him pay for the warranty and a new skin when I decide to claim my one drop later in the year (warranty expires in 2011).
lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:05 PM   #2
jament
Enthusiast
jament doesn't litterjament doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505
DH = Dead Husband?
jament is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2010, 04:40 PM   #3
lala

Quote:
Originally Posted by jament View Post
DH = Dead Husband?
LOL Dear Husband. Could have been a dead husband if the damage had been more significant and if he hadn't told me to get the extended warranty.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:09 PM   #4
angelad
Groupie
angelad is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by jament View Post
DH = Dead Husband?
LMAO, I didn't actually know what DH stands for either.
angelad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:47 PM   #5
Zorz
Zealot
Zorz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2i
Call Amazon, they still very well may replace it. Ive heard stories in the kindle reviews of them doing just this for free. But maybe a small fee.
Zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2010, 11:49 AM   #6
lala

I called the number on the warranty contract first. The very helpful CSR said that the manufacturer warranty would cover a drop from up to shoulder height for up to 1 year and that I didn't have to make a claim under my warranty. She then transferred me to Amazon customer support after explaining the situation. The Amazon CSR said they normally don't cover drops but would make an "exception" in this case and would send me a replacement. Yippee!
Old 02-22-2010, 04:43 PM   #7
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Quote:
Fast forward 11 months.... I turned on my K2 to read last night and notice that the top right corner is not refreshing. No big deal; it's a small corner and doesn't really impair my reading.
LOL I like your attitude! I think I wouldn't be able to get over that so easily. Thanks to the "exception" their CS makes regularly you're going to have a fully functional Kindle. Nice.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote