Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 09-04-2018, 01:01 AM   #1
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Content Search EPUB

I've been longing for a Windows EPUB IFilter DLL for a while, I think I've found one. Actually it has been on my radar screen since November last year, I just never got around to installing it, and trying it - sort of forgot about it.

It's a modified version of the Sumatra PDF IFilter, see ==>> xplorer² blog: search filter for EPUB ebooks

Search seems to work well, I did some tests on 30,000+ epubs in Windows File Explorer, search times were sub 5 seconds, which is the same as searching the companion 30,000+ DOCX files. As expected I had to rebuild the indexes after installing the DLL.

I could only get the Plain Text Preview feature working in an old payware version of xplorer², maybe there's some way to get it working in File Explorer I'll ask the xplorer² developer. Not sure if it would It should work in xplorer² Lite which is free.

If I find anything new, I'll add a post here.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-04-2018 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Last sentence para 3
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 10:51 PM   #2
Coldblackice
Pretty cold
Coldblackice began at the beginning.

Device: N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I've been longing for a Windows EPUB IFilter DLL for a while, I think I've found one. Actually it has been on my radar screen since November last year, I just never got around to installing it, and trying it - sort of forgot about it.

It's a modified version of the Sumatra PDF IFilter, see ==>> xplorer² blog: search filter for EPUB ebooks

Search seems to work well, I did some tests on 30,000+ epubs in Windows File Explorer, search times were sub 5 seconds, which is the same as searching the companion 30,000+ DOCX files. As expected I had to rebuild the indexes after installing the DLL.

I could only get the Plain Text Preview feature working in an old payware version of xplorer², maybe there's some way to get it working in File Explorer I'll ask the xplorer² developer. Not sure if it would It should work in xplorer² Lite which is free.

If I find anything new, I'll add a post here.

BR
This looks very cool, thanks for sharing. Are you still using it? If so, how has it been since?
Coldblackice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2019, 12:06 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Works fine, I use it at least once a week, but it lacks is an explorer Preview display see ==> Epub Preview in Windows File Explorer

The MS Advanced Query Syntax is worth knowing.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote