Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 12-12-2017, 06:03 PM   #1
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Any good way to ocr bilingual texts?

At times, lacking English translations of scholarly texts, I've used the Patrialogia Graeca, which have Latin translations of poor-quality texts of ancient and Medieval Greek sources.

I think the Greek text is the more important, but ocring both would be nice. I usually use Elucidate, which is a front-end for Tesseract. I don't know if it can ocr both languages at once.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:38 AM   #2
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
At times, lacking English translations of scholarly texts, I've used the Patrialogia Graeca, which have Latin translations of poor-quality texts of ancient and Medieval Greek sources.

I think the Greek text is the more important, but ocring both would be nice. I usually use Elucidate, which is a front-end for Tesseract. I don't know if it can ocr both languages at once.
See my OCR help page for my experiences using tesseract to OCR multiple languages with k2pdfopt as a front end.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert