Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-04-2017, 04:48 PM   #181
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
Just like Calibre itself, how MCS is used depends entirely on how and what you are trying to do. After you decide on a specific goal, read the Original Post, view its attached images, read the User Guide, then read the exhaustive ToolTips of the various Tabs within MCS itself. Then play with it, since you must teach yourself how to use it to do whatever it is you want to do. You cannot hurt anything by playing with it.

DaltonST
I am trying to find duplicate copies of books across all my libraries. It would be nice if SOMEONE could provide a little more info on how to actually use this plugin.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 05:40 PM   #182
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
I am trying to find duplicate copies of books across all my libraries.
MCS is not the proper tool for doing that. CALM is exactly the right tool for that job.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=265947

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2017, 05:15 AM   #183
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Is there any way I can set this search criteria as standard instead of author and title?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Skærmbillede 2017-04-13 11.14.35.png
Views:	257
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	156156  
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:06 AM   #184
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

2 types of Cross-Library Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Is there any way I can set this search criteria as standard instead of author and title?
There are 2 types of Cross-Library Queries: CL Intra-Book and CL Duplicates. See the attached image.

MCS will automatically validate your parameters and tell you of any parameter errors when you click the "Save Criteria" button.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cl_intrabook_query_versus_cl_duplicates_query.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	822.9 KB
ID:	156158  
Old 04-25-2017, 11:55 AM   #185
taratears
Connoisseur
taratears began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
I'm trying to figure out how to use this to do a full text search, and am apparently doing something incorrectly. Could I be walked thru the process of doing this, please?
taratears is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2017, 12:39 PM   #186
DaltonST
Deviser

The ToolTips are quite detailed and explain everything. I have attached them below.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mcs_fulltextsearch.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	371.4 KB
ID:	156368  
Old 08-02-2017, 05:14 AM   #187
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
I try to see all books from an author when I mark at least one book of that author with 5 stars (my rating).
- intra book search with "all author books" does not work as search seems to work with text only
- intra book search (author left, my rating right with AND and =) does not show anything
- SELECT id FROM books WHERE id IN (SELECT id FROM custom_column_18 WHERE value = 5) while _18 is my rating normalized column does not show anything

So will this kind of search be possible and if so, please provide some guidance.
Thanks
Katja_hbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 10:21 AM   #188
DaltonST
Deviser

MCS and Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katja_hbg View Post
I try to see all books from an author when I mark at least one book of that author with 5 stars (my rating).
Katja:

See the attached image.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mcs_ratings.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	461.7 KB
ID:	158219  
Old 08-02-2017, 01:17 PM   #189
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
Thanks for your reply and help. It works now.

The tooltip did not help as I use rating with a custom column. Also that my column is offered in the drop down. Anyhow I got what I like with the SQL tab.

For those who like to copy and paste please find here my sql. Replace "18" with the proper number of your customn column as shown in the tooltip on your screen.

SELECT book FROM books_custom_column_18_link
WHERE value IN (SELECT id FROM custom_column_18 WHERE value >=10 )
Katja_hbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 05:01 AM   #190
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

How do I use the search in this screenshot in a single library instead of searching for duplicates in 2 libraries?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Skærmbillede 2017-09-08 10.58.13.png
Views:	181
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	158919  
Old 09-08-2017, 10:32 AM   #191
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
How do I use the search in this screenshot in a single library instead of searching for duplicates in 2 libraries?
[1] Uncheck the "CL Duplicates" checkbox. The screen will reconfigure itself for an "Intra-Book Search".

[2] If you want to do an "Inter-Book Search", check the "Inter-Book Search" checkbox, and the screen will reconfigure itself for an "Inter-Book Search".

[3] For example scenarios, see the many images attached to the Original Post of this thread.

[4] Hover your mouse over each area and widget in the screen to read their respective ToolTips.

[5] Remember to "Save Parameters", which will also validate your settings and issue any error messages.

DaltonST
Old 09-08-2017, 04:43 PM   #192
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I Think I've done as you suggested (see attached image) but I get an error when I select: Execute Search [all books].

The error is:

Code:
calibre, version 3.6.0
ERROR: MCS: Cross-Library Duplicates Searches are never for 'All Books'.  Use 'Another Library [All Books]' instead.                                                                Execution Canceled.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Skærmbillede 2017-09-08 22.41.42.png
Views:	187
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	158928  
Old 09-08-2017, 05:10 PM   #193
DaltonST
Deviser

You need to Save your criteria before clicking Execute. It thinks you still have "CL Duplicates" checked. As a last resort, Save, Exit, then rerun MCS. Your saved criteria will appear.
Old 09-08-2017, 05:12 PM   #194
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Is it library specific settings or all-around?
Old 09-08-2017, 05:13 PM   #195
DaltonST
Deviser

What you see applies to MCS regardless of what the current library is.

Tags
columns, search