Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-30-2018, 12:26 PM   #61
Ocicat
Groupie
Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Librie,PRS900,950,K4, KT, PW1&2, KV
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
And now they're available (new, from Amazon) without special offers or with cellular capabilities, but not WiFi only with special offers or not the combination of no special offers and cellular.

So it looks like the availability in various configurations is in constant flux. But, right now, I can put a new Voyage (without special offers) into my Cart. Or I can also put one with cellular capabilities into my Cart. Whether they would actually ship is something I can't guarantee.
Yes, they do ship!
Wednesday I received the Voyage, wifi, no ads, ordered monday. Huge jump in the 9013 serial no., so maybe it was manufactured more recently than my September 2014 old one.
It seems perfect, so I shall return the refurbished received tuesday, box unopened.
Ocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 03:14 PM   #62
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocicat View Post
Yes, they do ship!
Wednesday I received the Voyage, wifi, no ads, ordered monday. Huge jump in the 9013 serial no., so maybe it was manufactured more recently than my September 2014 old one.
It seems perfect, so I shall return the refurbished received tuesday, box unopened.
Glad to hear it worked out. I know that sometimes people "successfully" order stuff on Woot, only to get a refund and "out of stock" notice. But I guess Woot and Amazon are still completely different outfits.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:04 AM   #63
ElspethB
Passionate Reader
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Kobo Clara HD, Fire HD 8, Voyage, Oasis 3, PW5
The certified refurbished Voyage (Special Offers, Wi-Fi) is currently available for $119.99, the lowest it's been since last December.

If I didn't already have one plus a spare, I would jump on this offer.
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 04:15 AM   #64
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElspethB View Post
The certified refurbished Voyage (Special Offers, Wi-Fi) is currently available for $119.99, the lowest it's been since last December.

I think it's been at that price for a little while, see the "New Voyage on September 21?" thread.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 05:14 AM   #65
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:

It's a good price. If I was going to buy a Voyage this is the one I would get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I think it's been at that price for a little while, see the "New Voyage on September 21?" thread.
For a while the refurbished Voyages had been priced at $130, but lately they've been priced at $140. Some used ones had been priced at $121.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 01:29 PM   #66
ElspethB
Passionate Reader
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Kobo Clara HD, Fire HD 8, Voyage, Oasis 3, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Not according to camelcamelcamel (a very useful price tracking site). As rcentros said, certified refurbished Voyages were $130 recently, but they haven't been this low since last holiday season.
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 02:28 PM   #67
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Not according to camelcamelcamel (a very useful price tracking site). As rcentros said, certified refurbished Voyages were $130 recently, but they haven't been this low since last holiday season.
Whoops, look like I mis-read $219 as $119 in the other thread. Oh well, what's a hundred bucks.

Sorry about the confusion.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 07:59 AM   #68
ren41
Connoisseur
ren41 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kindle Voyage, iPad2, iPhone 6S+, iPhone 8
Unfortunately I left my Voyage on the train at the start of my holiday two weeks ago. As soon as I got back I ordered the Oasis and a couple of days later, a refurbished Voyage. I hope I'm not the only person who has an issue with any patchiness on the screen - I think I tried about 10 of my second Kindle (first was keyboard) before getting one I liked! Anyway this screen has quite a colour variation from top to bottom so I have ordered another. The Oasis also has quite a bit of colour variation, I don't know whether to get another and keep the best or just stick with a Voyage! The refurbished Voyages are £144 here in the UK.
ren41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 09:13 AM   #69
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Its back now. I saw referbs now as well with same day delivery
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 09:17 AM   #70
sergio68a
sergio68a began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle voyage
I have a kindle voyage block in demo mode. how to make it unlock? the command; demo does not work. Thanks for your help...
sergio68a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 07:11 PM   #71
DrD123
Connoisseur
DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergio68a View Post
I have a kindle voyage block in demo mode. how to make it unlock? the command; demo does not work. Thanks for your help...
I was curious so I googled - found this for a 7th gen Kindle - "...Kindle 7th Generation. 1. Tap the "search" icon; 2. type ;demo 3. Press the arrow key 4. In the middle of the page, there should be an option something like "Resell....", tap that 5. Select "Resell" 6. It should be restarting, and you end up seeing a picture of a Kindle, with an arrow pointing to the power button in different languages 7. Turn it on again, and register your Kindle all over again"

Since the Voyage is a 7th gen device, maybe it will be the same? Some of the other articles I saw (for other Kindles) suggested the firmware was different in a Demo unit, and had to get creative to get a full firmware version flashed on there.

If you connect it to your computer, does it do anything? If your computer sees it, maybe you can try the normal offline way of updating (download the firmware from Amazon, then copy it onto your Kindle, turn it off, then turn it on again and it should see the new firmware and maybe update?
DrD123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 09:04 PM   #72
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I bought a backup new last year, and since have purchased refurb units from Woot. Both 3G models failed immediately (battery). So, don't get those. No problem with the wifi only units. I'm still primarily using the 2nd refurb up until 90 days to make sure no surprises when warranty ends.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 08:24 AM   #73
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
I fairly recently bought a used Voyage on ebay as back-up, as I just love the sharpness and clarity of the screen. Unfortunately after a few months I've discovered why someone sold it, the usb port is failing so charging is very hit and miss. I'll keep it until it completely fails, £140 for the refurbished one on Amazon is too pricey for me (I paid £135 to buy mine new from John Lewis). If only Amazon UK offered a trade-in value for an old Kindle I'd grab the refurb like a shot.

Not just because of the high price, but also the battery, shape and no guarantee of the screen clarity being as good, all means while I like the idea of the warm light, I'm not tempted to upgrade from the Voyage at all.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 09:33 AM   #74
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulfuldog View Post

Not just because of the high price, but also the battery, shape and no guarantee of the screen clarity being as good, all means while I like the idea of the warm light, I'm not tempted to upgrade from the Voyage at all.
While nothing beats the screen on the Voyage, I still far prefer my Oases. I don't care about the yellow light in the slightest, but I love the 7'' screen and physical buttons. Still, I couldn't bring myself to sell my Voyage, even though I rarely use it these days.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 12:27 PM   #75
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
While nothing beats the screen on the Voyage, I still far prefer my Oases. I don't care about the yellow light in the slightest, but I love the 7'' screen and physical buttons. Still, I couldn't bring myself to sell my Voyage, even though I rarely use it these days.
I do use the Oasis mostly these days but am glad that I kept my Voyage for when I go somewhere and want to slide a reader into my pant pocket.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote