Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 12-04-2023, 11:15 AM   #16
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I gave you the tools to locate and insert a unique Marker.

You the simply use the split at multiple locations feature of the editor using the markers code as the criteria.
Use the Wizard in the tool to setup the x-path with ease
After a good night's sleep and re-studying everything in a new light, I think my poor brain may have it figured out. Thanks to all for the help you've given.
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 12:07 PM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I do this task frequently (amazing how many poorly codewise, constructed books there are in the market)

My process does 2 things.
sets up for an auto TOC (the H tags. usually done after)
and
sets up for the split.

Do check the results, the roman pattern can miss AND inconsistent code (hand fixed??) is the other. You are 95% there in most cases, and the hand touchup is usually minor.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2023, 03:06 PM   #18
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Yep, I've already found some inconsistent entries where the roman pattern is followed by only ONE dash. Still beats the heck out of doing every chapter as a manual split. . .

(Now if my 74-year old brain could actually understand the code you wrote)
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 06:12 PM   #19
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtriever View Post
Yep, I've already found some inconsistent entries where the roman pattern is followed by only ONE dash. Still beats the heck out of doing every chapter as a manual split. . .

(Now if my 74-year old brain could actually understand the code you wrote)
I've got 4 more on you, so hang in there.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote