Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-04-2023, 11:09 PM   #16
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kos25k View Post
hey, yesterday i posted a link from a case i bought from temu and someone deleted it.What is the reason?Aren't we allowed to post links from temu here?
Considering the number of complaints about Temu in Canada? Most of them are that items ordered did not arrive, arrived weeks or months after the projected arrival time, were not the item ordered, was supposed to be a HP laptop but definitely was not, was supposed to be a Samsung SSD but was not, etc.

Counterfeits Я Us.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 06:17 AM   #17
kos25k
Connoisseur
kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Amazon Kindle basic
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Considering the number of complaints about Temu in Canada? Most of them are that items ordered did not arrive, arrived weeks or months after the projected arrival time, were not the item ordered, was supposed to be a HP laptop but definitely was not, was supposed to be a Samsung SSD but was not, etc.

Counterfeits Я Us.
Oh,sorry to hear this.Btw here in Greece there aren't such issues so i didn't know this.
kos25k is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2023, 08:03 AM   #18
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Oh,sorry to hear this.Btw here in Greece there aren't such issues so i didn't know this.
You've probably been lucky.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 06:58 PM   #19
kos25k
Connoisseur
kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!kos25k is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Amazon Kindle basic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
You've probably been lucky.
All my friends didn't have a single issue.Btw i recently uninstalled the app cause it is so addictive..Also some said that it even steals your data & bank account.
kos25k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 08:34 PM   #20
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
All my friends didn't have a single issue.Btw i recently uninstalled the app cause it is so addictive..Also some said that it even steals your data & bank account.
Part of that may have been backlash from Temu's sister site Pinduoduo which was banned by Google for installing malware on your Android device. From reports I looked at, the malware installed by Pinduoduo was aimed at users in China but was found to have caused users in other countries issues.

Other complaints in Canada about Temu were basically that few if any of the electrical/electronics devices had a product safety testing certification (CSA, UL, MET,TÜV SÜD, etc.).

Last edited by DNSB; 11-05-2023 at 08:39 PM.
Advert
Old 11-06-2023, 08:01 AM   #21
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
The CE mark applies in Greece. Though fake CSA, UL, MET, TÜV, UKCA, CE etc are common.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 11:15 AM   #22
nabsltd
Evangelist
nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th gen), Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
There might be a few legit products sold on Temu
There are a lot of legit products sold on Temu. I have purchased USB drives, USB hubs, and a lot of different cables. For many of them, identical (i.e., same label on the device) items can be purchased from Amazon at 2x-5x the price. Basically, these items are coming straight from China to my house, instead of going to an Amazon warehouse first, so Amazon doesn't get a cut, and I "pay" through longer shipping times.

Every marketplace on the Internet has plenty of bad sellers, so using that criteria, no links to any site should be allowed here.
nabsltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 01:29 PM   #23
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabsltd View Post
Every marketplace on the Internet has plenty of bad sellers, so using that criteria, no links to any site should be allowed here.
The problem might be that many other sites have some bad sellers selling shoddy and/or counterfeit goods (the almost unbelievable number of fake USB flash drives on Amazon for example), the bad sellers on Temu seem to be the majority.

Admittedly, my only experience with Temu was a couple of years back when one acquaintance of mine purchased a rice cooker advertised with an image of a Cuchen 3 cup IH rice cooker. Shall we say, that when it arrived, it did not look quite like what they expected. The lock ring around the cover release button would not turn, it did not use induction heating, the clock on the front of the unit was missing, etc. OTOH, it did have a Cuchen sticker on the top.

They managed to get a refund but it required them to jump through hoops during which the vendor disappeared.

I would agree that for no name items, they are a good choice. OTOH, for anything moderately expensive and/or brand name, definitely caveat emptor.