Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-01-2022, 06:43 AM   #31
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I still use all my ereaders (listed under the sleeping cat to the left) apart from the Sony prs-505, purely because it has two main faults for me: no frontlight and the font isn't very adjustable. I keep it because it has an SD card with lots of books on. Sometimes I convert the lrf formats to epubs or azw3 and put them on a kindle or kobo.

The kindles are still useful, they have lots of books on them which I may as well read on the paperwhites rather than fill up my kobo with duplicates. So I switch between them.

The only difficulty is remembering to keep them all charged, especially the non-active Sony.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 04:10 PM   #32
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
The kindles are still useful, they have lots of books on them which I may as well read on the paperwhites rather than fill up my kobo with duplicates. So I switch between them.

The only difficulty is remembering to keep them all charged, especially the non-active Sony.
I'd think another difficulty is remembering which book is on which device.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2022, 04:50 PM   #33
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I'd think another difficulty is remembering which book is on which device.
A custom column in Calibre helps with that.

These days I keep the same books on both my Kobos, so I don't need to worry about such issues. They both have 32GB, plenty of space.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 08:34 PM   #34
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
These days I keep the same books on both my Kobos, so I don't need to worry about such issues.
I do the same.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 10:04 PM   #35
Solarfl4re
Solarfl4re doesn't litterSolarfl4re doesn't litterSolarfl4re doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Touch
My first e-reader (a Kindle Touch w/ cellular we got for $25) is still my only one. It was losing my place in books until I replaced the now-old battery. Love the form factor & the soft-touch plastic back.

When and if I retire it, I'll leave it plugged in connected via ssh to my computer and display something useful from my terminal.
Solarfl4re is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2022, 07:46 AM   #36
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarfl4re View Post
When and if I retire it, I'll leave it plugged in connected via ssh to my computer and display something useful from my terminal.
My status display is running off my "house" Raspberry Pi. I use USB and ADB TCP forwarding so I don't need to add any WiFi traffic.
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 09:37 PM   #37
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Sadly, Kindle Keyboard #4 of my collection has died. Power button failure. Good thing I have 3 more!
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 06:23 AM   #38
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Sadly, Kindle Keyboard #4 of my collection has died. Power button failure.
So fix it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	glow2switch.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	196534  
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 08:07 AM   #39
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Really old ones?

That's easy. I drop it from a seven floor apartment building. If it doesn't survive the fall, then obviously I should have bought a case all those years ago.

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote