View Poll Results: Your preferred style of eReader
Square (Forma, Oasis, etc) 33 25.58%
Oblong (Clara, Nook, Pocketbook, etc) 67 51.94%
Don't care 30 23.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2022, 09:21 AM   #31
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
I don't mind. I tried a Libra 2 recently, and loved the ergonomics. The buttons on one side, and the auto flip are great. But maybe for other functions other than reading, standard shape is better. I take notes and play chess, etc. Also, I think if you have buttons with the standard shape, you need a wider bezel, a la Nook. Buttons are probably best on the oblong shape.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 06:01 PM   #32
Bookstooge
Guru
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I thought I knew what "oblong" meant before reading this thread, but turns out I didn't.

It appears that Oasis and Forma readers are also oblong, just less oblongated than the others.
Thank you! I was going to comment that I didn't realize the Oasis was square even though I've owned one since '16. I guess we're talking gradations of oblong'ness then.

That being the case, I prefer less oblong as it produces less stress on my wrist when I'm holding the reader...
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2022, 03:49 PM   #33
mistral
mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mistral ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2, Kindle Paperwhite 5, Boox Poke 3
I'm holding out on buying the Libra 2 hoping Kobo will release an oblong USB-C reader...Clara 2 maybe?
mistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 12:09 PM   #34
supermighty
Groupie
supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2
I currently use a Libra2 but find it a little bulky. I wish it was lighter and narrower. I might go back to my Clara.
supermighty is offline   Reply With Quote