Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-01-2023, 09:27 AM   #1
ghira
Zealot
ghira began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Aura One, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Glowlight,
"my words" beta feature. How does it work?

I have enabled the "my words" beta feature but when I look in "activities" I don't see any of the words I have looked up since enabling it. Am I doing something wrong? Does this feature work for anyone else?
ghira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 09:49 AM   #2
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
It works fine for me on many different Kobos.

To see the added words, from the Home screen select the "More" menu, then "Activities," then from the three choices at the top of the screen ("Reading Stats," "Awards," "My Words") select "My Words."

If yours aren't showing up, perhaps you're using a non-standard dictionary instead of one of the ones Kobo provides?
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2023, 09:54 AM   #3
ghira
Zealot

I see nothing. All my dictionaries are Kobo-provided ones.
Old 04-01-2023, 09:56 AM   #4
ghira
Zealot

Ah. I need to explictly add the words with an "add to my words" buttton I'd not noticed before. I thought it sounded like all words I looked up were added to the list. Sorry for the disturbance.