Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-23-2016, 07:07 PM   #46
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
lol. I had a double misunderstanding of the header. First I thought it said "Instant plot" not "Instant pot." Then when I realized it say pot not plot I thought for a minute that Amazon was going into the cannabis business.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 08:19 PM   #47
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I think Cin gets the "accidental click bait" award this month.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2016, 08:20 PM   #48
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I think Cin gets the "accidental click bait" award this month.
Oops I forgot to link anything.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 12:57 PM   #49
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Anyone have a Power Cooker? It looks like an Instant Pot but different brands.

I got one for Christmas and the instructions are severely lacking.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 01:10 PM   #50
ApK
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post

Sent from my XT1528
No, but the controls seem very similar to those on the IP.
I bet we could infer or figure out most anything you need.
But I also bet there is an Internet site (or ten) out there for it with everything you could possibly want to know.

And Merry Xmas!
(We haven't used our IP for the Holiday cooking. Neither Xmas ham nor Hanukkah latke work well in it....)
ETA: I'm wrong. I forgot my wife made a cheesecake in the IP for our holiday party.

Last edited by ApK; 12-25-2016 at 04:02 PM.
Advert
Old 12-25-2016, 03:45 PM   #51
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Every time I see this thread, I get the munchies
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 04:11 PM   #52
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Every time I see this thread, I get the munchies
I know what you mean...

Quote:

Sent from my XT1528
No, I have an Instant Pot. This extremely active, public Instant Pot Community Facebook group welcomes all pressure cooker users. You can't get advice about your specific machine in that group, but you'll find plenty of recipes and inspiration! Most recipes posted there should work well for you.

I've had my IP almost a year and use it at least four days a week (sometimes multiple times a day). We often have leftovers, which is nice. It's completely changed the way I cook.

You might want to check out the Power Pressure Cooker XL website here. There are quite a few PPC videos on YouTube, too.

I hope you enjoy your new pressure cooker!
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 04:20 PM   #53
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you so much! I do feel lost. I asked for an Instant Pot but this is what I got.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 12-25-2016, 04:50 PM   #54
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Thank you so much! I do feel lost. I asked for an Instant Pot but this is what I got.

Sent from my XT1528
I felt intimidated at first, as a lot of (most?) newcomers to pressure cooking do. YouTube videos were a tremendous confidence-booster for me. There are lots of recipes online. This is my favorite cookbook: Great Food Fast - Bob Warden's Ultimate Pressure Cooker Recipes.

I cook most meals in it now. I bought a second one on Black Friday as a back-up in case mine breaks. That's how much I love it.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 05:38 PM   #55
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Sent from my XT1528
Good news, most IP recipes will work in the cheaper versions.
You just didn't pay for the name.
Old 12-25-2016, 07:02 PM   #56
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
That's so good to know. It's does 8 in 1 things.

This is the one I got

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Power-Coo...ooker/23422591

Sent from my XT1528
Old 12-25-2016, 08:07 PM   #57
ApK

Quote:
"The name?"
Instant Pot isn't exactly Apple or Prada.
They just happened to have really good sale prices recently and got some really good reviews.
Do you know for sure that the cheaper brands are comparable in quality?
Old 12-25-2016, 08:09 PM   #58
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
That's so good to know. It's does 8 in 1 things.

This is the one I got

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Power-Coo...ooker/23422591

Sent from my XT1528
Yes, that one will do it all. Nice gift and money left over to buy food to put in it.
I thought about getting one but I sometimes use more than one small appliance at a time.
Old 12-25-2016, 08:14 PM   #59
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
"The name?"
Instant Pot isn't exactly Apple or Prada.
They just happened to have really good sale prices recently and got some really good reviews.
Do you know for sure that the cheaper brands are comparable in quality?
I would bet her Walmart knockoff is about the same quality. I have never gotten a bad small appliance from Walmart.
New or used.
Old 12-25-2016, 08:22 PM   #60
ApK

Quote:
I would bet her Walmart knockoff is ...
Knock-off? Again, not Prada. It's just another model of electric multi cooker. Why are you talking of IP like they are some luxury designer label? Walmart lists the IP Lux and Duo models for $10 and $20 higher than this one respectively. Maybe they just have a few more features and are otherwise identical in quality. I don't know. But I see no evidence to suggest IP is overpriced because of the name.

Last edited by ApK; 12-25-2016 at 08:31 PM.