Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-07-2010, 06:46 AM   #1
Trickery
Pew Pew!
Trickery has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Trickery has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Trickery has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle v3
Bug: Multiple "Copy to Library" not copying covers/opf files over?

Just wanted to see if anyone else can re-create this issue.

I have three libraries total that I use Calibre to manage.

1. One library for books I am actively getting metadata/covers for.
  2. A second library for when I am actively formatting, editing and converting epubs for use on my Kindle.
  3. A library full of fully formatted books and completed books ready for transfer.
I can recreate this issue by getting a fresh install of 0.7.22 Calibre with 3 different libraries and moving a book through all three. Steps below:

• Import a book into the first library, download covers and create metadata. (cover.jpg and .opf files are present.)
  • Copy the book to the second library then switch to the second library. (cover.jpg and .opf files are present.)
  • From the second library copy the ebook to the third library. Now, when you access the third library the covers.jpg and .opf files are not there but they are located in the other two libraries. (cover.jpg and .opf files are gone.)

I'm running the latest 0.7.22 and just started having a problem where the cover.jpg is not being copied over. I did not have this problem before, just wanted to see if anyone else gets this problem.

I may be an extreme case (Not sure if many others use multiple libraries..) where this may not be an issue for the more mainstream users. If someone can recreate the problem to make sure it's not just me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Fixed formatting of my post to make it easier to read.

Last edited by Trickery; 10-07-2010 at 11:10 PM.
Trickery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 02:16 PM   #2
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
I noticed it too, when copying from my genre library to my master library. When I buy new books, I add them to the genre library, fix the metadata (add covers, summary, series information) and then copy them to the main library.
When I did that this past Tuesday (first Tuesday of the month is new releases for mysteries), the covers didn't copy to the main library, though the series information did.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2010, 03:20 PM   #3
Trickery
Pew Pew!
Trickery has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Trickery has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Trickery has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I tried this on multiple computers and I am able to recreate the issue with each computer running fresh installs of Calibre.

It always happens if you have 3 libraries, or sometimes it happens if you just have 2 libraries. It's really odd.

Anyone know how to submit a bug report officially?
Old 10-07-2010, 03:44 PM   #4
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

http://calibre-ebook.com/bugs
Old 10-07-2010, 05:32 PM   #5
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

On further thought, I wonder if this is some new setting I'm missing, instead of a bug?

ETA: On yet further checking, whatever broke or got changed did it on the last update (7.22); because books I copied over on Oct 2nd the covers came with, but ones I copied over on Oct 3rd. do not have them. I updated to 7.21 practically the second it came out, but didn't update to 7.22 until Sunday the 3rd.

Last edited by phenomshel; 10-07-2010 at 06:15 PM. Reason: adding evidence.
Advert
Old 10-07-2010, 11:09 PM   #6
Trickery
Pew Pew!

http://bugs.calibre-ebook.com/ticket/7097

Bug report submitted. Thanks for the help phenomshel.

Last edited by Trickery; 10-07-2010 at 11:11 PM.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:49 AM   #7
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickery View Post
http://bugs.calibre-ebook.com/ticket/7097

Bug report submitted. Thanks for the help phenomshel.
And thanks for submitting the bug report, Trickery - I've been through that process before, and always feel like I've done something wrong, LOL. Let me know when you get an answer, please?
Old 10-08-2010, 05:50 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
He has an answer.

Metadata.opf files are not supposed to be copied. They are recreated by calibre whenever the book's metadata changes.

The cover problem has been fixed. I never would have found the problem without the detailed steps to reproduce it.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:53 AM   #9
Trickery
Pew Pew!

Ultra quick response, I'm thoroughly impressed!

Thanks Charles! <3
Old 10-08-2010, 01:18 PM   #10
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
He has an answer.

Metadata.opf files are not supposed to be copied. They are recreated by calibre whenever the book's metadata changes.

The cover problem has been fixed. I never would have found the problem without the detailed steps to reproduce it.
Thanks, Charles! You're amazing. But you knew that already, right?

Tags
bug, copy, copy to library, covers, move