Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-10-2019, 11:50 AM   #1291
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT(RIP), Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
??? All I can think of as the results: "Auto-Incorrect"

Selective Editing is really a skill (which I lack). Turning a computer loose to do this... OMG. If you ever do get success, that machine probably will pass the Turing test.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 10:02 AM   #1292
Bittone
Bittone began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Hello giuys,
thanks for your replies.
The idea is to experiment on an automated extractor of meaningful text from specific categories of essays or technical books.
So it's not about getting the best result but an acceptable result by extracting from a book some text like the first n paragraphs or similar.
Thank you

Alberto
Bittone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2019, 08:16 PM   #1293
Rellwood
Library Breeder
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Go to URL

Like Internet Search for books, but populated with sites or urls.

I like to go to mobilreads a lot, and it would be nice to be able to link to it through Calibre and have my username and password automatically applied and automatically go to the Calibre forums without having to exit Calibre, open my browser and go to where I want.

Users can populate the plugin by copy/pasting their own urls, perhaps the plugin can come prepopulated with common options.

Can be populated with any url, and can be configured to add search terms

example:
"https://www.google.com/search?q={dlgstring|Enter search term/s}"

This is the code to create a search box in my Directory Opus file manager, not sure if it is something that can be recreated.

Also nice to use to go to Goodreads to search genres or lists. I also have a dropdown menu that allows me to

search lists:

"https://www.goodreads.com/list/tag?utf8=✓&id={dlgstring|Enters earch term/s}"

Genres

"https://www.goodreads.com/genres/{dlgstring|Enters earch term/s}"

I also use it to go directly to the Goodreads export library .csv page

"https://www.goodreads.com/review/import"

For easier configuration, maybe going through the plugin to the desired site can capture the destination and if the user wants to add the search box the plugin can automatically add it to the end?

Not sure how it can work, but if there is a way to take the same properties of the search internet plugin but without having to use a book to set up the search.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 10:30 PM   #1294
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
It isn't something I'm interested in doing, but, I can picture how to do it. And it wouldn't be particularly hard to do. Calibre has lots of good code that can be called to manipulate the internals of a book. In this case, you would just read the book in, find the paragraphs desired and write them to a new book.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 12:27 AM   #1295
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittone View Post
thanks for your replies.
The idea is to experiment on an automated extractor of meaningful text from specific categories of essays or technical books.
Moderator Notice
Moved thread out of the Development forum to the sticky thread dedication to plugin ideas.

Please read the sticky post in the Development subforum titled, PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING - Purpose of Development subforum, from the post:

"This subforum is not the place for bug reports, enhancement proposals unless you make clear in your post that you are prepared to develop the enhancements yourself,"

If you decide to attempt to create the plugin yourself feel free to ask for assistance in the Development subforum.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2020, 12:47 AM   #1296
alerum68
alerum68 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Polished Book Add

Hello,

When I add a book there are several different steps that I notice I completed every time, and thought it would be cool to have a plugin that does all these actions for you.

The steps for the plugin would be like this, maybe with some additonal steps made as optional.
  1. Import book
  2. Extract ISBN & ASIN
  3. Bulk add tag or custom column information. (Optional)
  4. Download Metadata and Cover (from Goodreads for Goodreads Sync Option)
  5. Review metadata & allow changes to metadata (or changing Goodreads edition with Goodreads Sync options)
  6. Create a copy of book in both AZW3 and EPUB.
  7. Polish Ebook
  8. Using Goodreads Sync, use "Upload Tags as Shelves".

Thanks!
alerum68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 02:52 AM   #1297
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT(RIP), Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
Quote:
Originally Posted by alerum68 View Post
Hello,

When I add a book there are several different steps that I notice I completed every time, and thought it would be cool to have a plugin that does all these actions for you.

The steps for the plugin would be like this, maybe with some additonal steps made as optional.
  1. Import book
  2. Extract ISBN & ASIN
  5. Review metadata & allow changes to metadata (or changing Goodreads edition with Goodreads Sync options)
  7. Polish Ebook

Thanks!
6 and 7 are backwards. GIGO If you start Polished, the conversion will not need additional care.
If to read metadata from the bok files (not use the filename), you should usually get all the publishers metadata.

Sorry, it has been stated that Calibre will not get a Macro language (chain commands together)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 10:40 AM   #1298
alerum68

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
6 and 7 are backwards. GIGO If you start Polished, the conversion will not need additional care.
If to read metadata from the bok files (not use the filename), you should usually get all the publishers metadata.

Sorry, it has been stated that Calibre will not get a Macro language (chain commands together)
THe polish would be more for the format that wasn't converted, and the metadata from the books isn't always the best formatted for my taste.... The final statement is the deal breaker it looks though. Didn't know that, and thinks for the info! Another Calibre dream dashed.
Old 01-04-2020, 12:36 PM   #1299
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 10" Win10 Tablet w/Calibre64, CalibreSpy & Freda+
JS Automatic Quality Fixes

Quote:
Originally Posted by alerum68 View Post
Hello,

1. Import book
  2. Extract ISBN & ASIN
  7. Polish Ebook

Thanks!

The Job Spy plugin has a tool, "JS Automatic Quality Fixes" that does half of what you describe above, plus many other things that you did not mention.

See the attached image of an earlier release of that tool's customization options.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	js_automatic_quality_fixes_options.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	713.3 KB
ID:	176143  

Last edited by DaltonST; 01-04-2020 at 01:40 PM.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 05:10 AM   #1300
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
I would love a plugin that would let me:
  • Copy specific custom column - like a tag-column into the clipboard
  • Paste Said Info - paste it in the clipboard into a #linked_to custom column, obviously of a different book
  • Show Linked Book - pop the Book Details (like pressing 'I') for the #linked_to book

Configuration option - automatic reverse link - i.e. if you copy book A's id into book B's #link_to, book A's id gets copied to book B's #linked_to

I've looked at the EM plugin but I can't figure out how to work with it, no matter what I do.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 11:03 AM   #1301
alerum68

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
The Job Spy plugin has a tool, "JS Automatic Quality Fixes" that does half of what you describe above, plus many other things that you did not mention.

See the attached image of an earlier release of that tool's customization options.

DaltonST
Sweet! Thanks much Dalton!
Old Today, 12:39 AM   #1302
MarjaE
Evangelist
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story HD, Amazon Kindle 5, and Amazon Kindle DX
Hi,

I have no training in programming, or in Python in particular, so I'm not sure what to make of the instructions and sample plugins. But there are a few options that I might find handy.

1. Retrieve source url for Dot Epub files.

I'd like to take any epub or mobi file with "dotepub.com (http://dotepub.com)" listed under publisher, or "Dot Epub" or "Dot Epub Mobi" under #processing, retrieve the last url in the file, and paste that to a custom column, #extradata.

I could then paste that into publisher. I don't want to accidentally overwrite the original publishers. I use #processing to keep track of epub conversion software, among other things.

2. Retrieve source url for 1st page of EpubPress files.

I'd like to take any epub or mobi file with "EpubPress" listed under author, or "Dot Epub" or "Dot Epub Mobi" under #processing, retrieve the 1st url after "References" in the file, and paste that to a custom column, #extradata.

I figure those would require similar code, though Dot Epub should be easier.

3. Retrieve PDF version numbers of PDF Files.

For any PDF file, determine the version of the PDF specification it follows. For example, older Kindles have trouble with anything never than PDF 1.4.

4. Retrieve PDF resolutions of PDF Files.

The version number probably has wider usefulness, but resolution is handy since my different pdf processing tools tend to give different resolutions. Would retrieve the X x Y data for the pdfand post it into #extradata.

I'm not sure what technical challenges these would pose. Some version of the Dot Epub and EpubPress hacks might be useful to other readers who need to save web pages.
MarjaE is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub fix, epub-fix, google books, plugin development