Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-13-2018, 08:44 AM   #1
mareli
mareli began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs650
searching on more than 1 library at once

Hello, this is my first post. I'd like to know if there's a way to search between different libraries at once. I have several libraries and every time I get crazy because I need to open and search each library.
If already there's a thread about it, please let me know and I will delete this one.
thank you
mareli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:55 AM   #2
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Library Extension for Chrome (Firefox Coming)

Works for Print Books and Overdrive EBooks and Audiobooks. It may have some support for 3M but I haven't noticed this with my libraries.

Last edited by darryl; 09-13-2018 at 08:59 AM.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2018, 08:59 AM   #3
mareli

I'm sorry, if I understand I have ad put an add-on on my browser? There is no setting on calibre for multiple libriaries search? Thank you for your help
Old 09-13-2018, 09:03 AM   #4
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Yes. It is not a Calibre Plugin. At the moment it works only as an extension to Chrome (or Chromium), though a Firefox version is promised. I am assuming that you mean actual libraries rather than Calibre libraries? If not, please ignore my above answer. As far as I'm aware Calibre can search only in the Calibre Library you have open.

Last edited by darryl; 09-13-2018 at 09:05 AM.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 09:08 AM   #5
mareli

I'm sorry I mean Calibre Libraries. Sorry for the misunderstanding and thank you anyway
Advert
Old 09-13-2018, 09:55 AM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@mareli - I don't think there is such a thing in the general sense. The Find Duplicates (FD) and Multi-Column-Search(MCS) plugins have features for finding duplicates in in different libraries, FD can compare current library with ONE other library, not sure about MCS.

You'll find them in here ==>> Index of plugins

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:49 AM   #7
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Simultaneously Searching Among Different Libraries

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareli View Post
Hello, this is my first post. I'd like to know if there's a way to search between different libraries at once. I have several libraries and every time I get crazy because I need to open and search each library.
If already there's a thread about it, please let me know and I will delete this one.
thank you

A future release of CalibreSpy https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=310103 will include this functionality. You will be able to see the search results (positive or negative) in each CalibreSpy window, each being a different Library, within a small number of seconds of initiating the search for duplicates in one of the CalibreSpy windows. CalibreSpy will need to be executed from command files (e.g .bat in Windows) for this to be possible.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:28 PM   #8
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Multiple, Simultaneous Cross-Library CalibreSpy Search Queries

Version 1.0.24- 14 Sept 2018

Multiple, Simultaneous Cross-Library CalibreSpy Clipboard Search Queries using Author, Title and/or Series.

A short video clip demonstrating how it works is found here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=25

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote