Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-08-2019, 10:52 AM   #1
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
File Manager's icon

Does anyone know what is this little rectangle stands for?
Click image for larger version

Name:	FileManager_sml.png
Views:	137
Size:	4.1 KB
ID:	172816
I can't find a pattern for them...
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 02:02 PM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Looks to me like something might've gone wrong with the cover there. On the attached screenshots you can see books with and without a cover. (The sample PDF starts with a white page.)

Toggling ignore/unignore cover might work. Also if you can share a document with a failed cover perhaps we (or perhaps mainly @poire-z) can try to figure out what went wrong and try to fail better if it's due to a slightly borked document.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-08-08_19-59-59.png
Views:	119
Size:	296.6 KB
ID:	172823  
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2019, 08:11 PM   #3
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Looks to me like something might've gone wrong with the cover there.
The "Display mode" I use is "Detailed list with metadata, no images" which I find faster than with covers but more informative than the simple filenames...

@poire-z told me over at GitHub:
Quote:
...that thingy is a hint that the book has some description in its metadata that you'll be able to read after holding and View book description...
This is useful thing to know.
At first I thought that it was a book with an .sdr folder—an already opened book, because I noticed it accidentally with some books I had already read.
But then, there where some other books that I knew I had not opened yet, but did have it...

Anyway, good to know
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 03:45 AM   #4
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Oh, I knew that — sort of. I seldom encounter any files that have it, but I didn't recognize it without the cover.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote