Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-29-2019, 05:58 PM   #2041
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
(You probably restarted the device instead of running UYK from the Settings menu).

For ref., the "ota" (i.e., UYK) updater throws U00N errors, while the "factory" updater throws simple numeric errors (... usually).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 02:11 AM   #2042
Vidyvideni
Vidyvideni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle oasis
I have a paperwhite 4 runnning 5.10.3, it is jailbreaked for sure, I also install KUAL, but no entry found at the download page.
Vidyvideni is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2019, 10:02 AM   #2043
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidyvideni View Post
I have a paperwhite 4 runnning 5.10.3, it is jailbreaked for sure, I also install KUAL, but no entry found at the download page.
Which KUAL version and type did you install?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 08:41 AM   #2044
Gabbb
Enthusiast
Gabbb began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Is there a way to get Kual to work on a PW3 running 5.11.1.1?

I have the latest Hotfix installed.
I have an old non working, unremovable Kual icon, but the new KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2 that i've copied into the documents folder just doesn't show up. A few months ago when I updated my kindle the last time I had two kual launchers on the list & one of them worked ..

Last edited by Gabbb; 04-21-2019 at 09:31 AM.
Gabbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 09:40 AM   #2045
Sol Arkite
Zealot
Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: KV; PW3 ; PW2 ; k5; KT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbb View Post
Is there a way to get Kual to work on a PW3 running 5.11.1.1?

I have the latest Hotfix installed.
I have an old non working, unremovable Kual icon, but the new KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2 that i've copied into the documents folder just doesn't show up. A few months ago when I updated my kindle the last time I had two kual launchers on the list & one of them worked ..
You need to read the Kual installation instructions more carefully. There is a booklet Kual that does the job instead, now that the firmware updates to the PW3 have removed the usability of kindlets.
Sol Arkite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2019, 09:42 AM   #2046
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
azw2 version = kindlet = not working on latest firmware.

You need "booklet" version of KUAL = install BIN installer file using MRPi.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 10:13 AM   #2047
Gabbb
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
azw2 version = kindlet = not working on latest firmware.

You need "booklet" version of KUAL = install BIN installer file using MRPi.
I thought MRPi was a Kual extension, how can I install that bin without a working Kual?
(I tried to copy Update_KUALBooklet_v2.7.17_install.bin to the kindle's root directory, but not surprisingly it does not work that way. )

Last edited by Gabbb; 04-21-2019 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-21-2019, 11:27 AM   #2048
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

By really, really reading the instructions. Both KUAL's and the JB.

There's a FAQ entry in both instances about that.

Hint: ;log mrpi and a patched KUAL booklet.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 04-21-2019 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04-21-2019, 12:09 PM   #2049
Gabbb
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
By really, really reading the instructions. Both KUAL's and the JB.

There's a FAQ entry in both instances about that.

Hint: ;log mrpi and a patched KUAL booklet.
;log mrpi worked, thanks! (seriously though in the midst of all the outdated guides it's NOT THAT EASY to find the relevant information)
Old 04-21-2019, 12:51 PM   #2050
NiLuJe
BLAM!

We're all agreed on that .

Blame Amazon for making it increasingly tortuous to gain actual control over your device .
Old 04-21-2019, 01:22 PM   #2051
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
We're all agreed on that .

Blame Amazon for making it increasingly tortuous to gain actual control over your device .
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 01:39 PM   #2052
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbb View Post
;log mrpi worked, thanks! (seriously though in the midst of all the outdated guides it's NOT THAT EASY to find the relevant information)
Hint 1: All jb instructions have the device(s) and firmware(s) combination mentioned in the title.
Read what corresponds to yours, ignore all others.

Hint 2: Read the instructions completely before starting.
Read the instructions step-by-step as you complete each.
Do not ad lib or invent your own steps or step order.

Note: Since we have no way to determine EoL of any previous model/firmware combination, directions for all previous combinations must remain posted.

If you find an easier way of posting/organizing directions for non-technical end-users, please type it up (either here or in our WiKi).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 02:09 PM   #2053
enji
enji began at the beginning.

Device: NUNYA
The original post here needs to be updated or deleted. It's confusing, out of date, and doesn't do anything but frustrate and confuse everyone. More recent updates are in another thread, which is definitely not clear to anyone who doesn't already know about it.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030
enji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 02:25 PM   #2054
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by enji View Post
The original post here needs to be updated or deleted. It's confusing, out of date, and doesn't do anything but frustrate and confuse everyone. More recent updates are in another thread, which is definitely not clear to anyone who doesn't already know about it.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030
Instructions have been updated (back in Nov 2018).

Quote:
FAQs and Known Issues

Q. I'm running on FW >= 5.9.x, and when I tap on KUAL's document, I end up on a blank screen, with just a status bar! I'm forced to hard-reboot my device to get back to my homescreen .

A. Don't fret, this is a known issue on some devices/FW combos (especially on the KOA2, or the PW4, since they both ship on FW >= 5.9.x). On these devices, instead of the original Booklet version from the latest release/snapshot, you'll want to use @coplate's patched version, a (currently) up to date build of which can be found here, in my Snapshots thread.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 02:06 AM   #2055
Jacksaur
Jacksaur began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Probably already mentioned somewhere but I couldn't see it in the FAQ, how do I finalize an uninstall? I tried uninstalling my ScreenSavers hack with the install file from the download page and that didn't work, so instead I tried Flagging for complete uninstall in KUAL. I've restarted my device and it still hasn't uninstalled, but it does say it's still flagged for uninstall. Is there an option somewhere to trigger it?
Jacksaur is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified