Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-11-2019, 03:56 PM   #1126
jpas
jpas began at the beginning.

Device: kobo forma
Hi, i tried to search but nothing found... When i turn off my kobo forma and then i turn it on the book i'm reading starts from the beginning.
Is there a fix for this?
Thanks
jpas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 12:08 AM   #1127
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpas View Post
Hi, i tried to search but nothing found... When i turn off my kobo forma and then i turn it on the book i'm reading starts from the beginning.
Is there a fix for this?
That usually means the database on the device is corrupt. Unless you have a recent backup of the database, the solution is to sign out of the Kobo account on the device. This will remove the database and prompt you to do the setup again. Then it will reimport all sideloaded books on the device. Unfortunately, you will lose the reading status of all sideloaded books.

If it is only happening for some books, it might be a bug in firmware version 4.15.12920. This has a problem if any of the internal files in an epub are not in the ToC. If you close the book when in one of these chapters, it will reopen at the start of the book. And powering of will close the book. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next firmware release.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 06:17 PM   #1128
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpas View Post
Is there a fix for this?
Thanks
If the database is not corrupt, the new 4.17.x firmware is now available to install. Here is the link for the thread on the new firmware.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=323034
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 08:19 PM   #1129
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If the database is not corrupt, the new 4.17.x firmware is now available to install. Here is the link for the thread on the new firmware.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=323034
Which isn't going to help as the bug I referred to hasn't been fixed.
Old 09-20-2019, 06:05 AM   #1130
Mr.Bin
Mr.Bin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Exclamation Can not annotate(highlight) Chinese characters

Product: Kobo Aura ONE
Firmware: 4.12.xxxx - 4.17.xxxxx
Plugins: None
File types: epub
Sideloaded or from Kobobooks:
On external SD: No
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Long press the Chinese sentences, the screen flashed, but no annotate dialog popup.
Current result:
I found this issue between 4.12.x - 4.17.x, no matter which Chinese font is using. but English epub works well. Annotate works well on 4.7/8.xxx
Other versions have not been test.
Workaround:
Mr.Bin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 07:14 AM   #1131
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bin View Post
Product: Kobo Aura ONE
Firmware: 4.12.xxxx - 4.17.xxxxx
Plugins: None
File types: epub
Sideloaded or from Kobobooks:
On external SD: No
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Long press the Chinese sentences, the screen flashed, but no annotate dialog popup.
Current result:
I found this issue between 4.12.x - 4.17.x, no matter which Chinese font is using. but English epub works well. Annotate works well on 4.7/8.xxx
Other versions have not been test.
Workaround:
Have you tried the new version 4.17.13694 firmware?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 08:19 AM   #1132
Mr.Bin
Mr.Bin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Have you tried the new version 4.17.13694 firmware?
Yes, still the same bug.
Mr.Bin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 01:54 AM   #1133
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
buttons parameter in landscape mode

I don't know whether this is a 4.17... bug or if it existed before, but when I read a PDF in landscape mode on the Forma, the right-hand button goes forward whether I set the relevant parameter to default or inverted. This is very annoying since I mostly read left-handed.

The screen locations parameter works fine though.

EDIT: Just tested it with an epub on the Libra, same problem

Last edited by anacreon; 09-27-2019 at 01:56 AM.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:00 AM   #1134
Svens
Enthusiast
Svens began at the beginning.

Device: Кіndlе5,NGL,PB650, KPW3,KPW4,KPW5, Kobo Aura One
КОА1:

The "natural light/auto" is adjusted according to the time the device went into sleep mode (while it should also be updated upon waking).
If the device, for instance, was last on standby at 3pm and you wake him up at 3am - the "natural light" will be such as it was at 3pm, instead of using the sleep time setting (9pm) and be like a candle.

I noticed that with the latest firmware 4.18.13737, "reading progress" and “Menu/Activity” is not updated while reading, but only when reopening the book.
The time remaining in the chapter and in the book do not update, as well as the Chapter graphic chart.
Svens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:03 AM   #1135
Svens
Enthusiast

КА1:
1. I noticed that with the latest firmware 4.18.13737, "reading progress" and “Menu/Activity” is not updated while reading, but only when reopening the book.
The time remaining in the chapter and in the book do not update, as well as the Chapter graphic chart

2. The "natural light/auto" is adjusted according to the time the device went into sleep mode (while it should also be updated upon waking).
If the device, for instance, was last on standby at 3pm and you wake him up at 3am - the "natural light" will be such as it was at 3pm, instead of using the sleep time setting (9pm) and be like a candle.
Old 10-07-2019, 07:05 AM   #1136
Svens
Enthusiast

КА1:
1. I noticed that with the latest firmware 4.18.13737, "reading progress" and “Menu/Activity” is not updated while reading, but only when reopening the book.
The time remaining in the chapter and in the book do not update, as well as the Chapter graphic chart

2. The "natural light/auto" is adjusted according to the time the device went into sleep mode (while it should also be updated upon waking).
Old 10-07-2019, 07:25 AM   #1137
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svens View Post
КА1:
The problem with the reading progress has been reported. But, I don't see a problem with the Reading stats page. It seems to be updating as I page through a chapter, close the book and go to the Reading stats page.
Quote:
Does the light start to change after a minute or so?
Old 10-07-2019, 08:11 AM   #1138
Svens
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The problem with the reading progress has been reported. But, I don't see a problem with the Reading stats page. It seems to be updating as I page through a chapter, close the book and go to the Reading stats page.

Does the light start to change after a minute or so?
My mistake - Menu/Activity seems to be OK.

Britghness starts to change after opening, however "Natural light" does not. "Natutar light" changes every half an hour.
Old 10-07-2019, 01:08 PM   #1139
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2021, Sony PRS-350
I finally figured out what was going wrong on my Kobo Aura HD after I updated to 4.18.13737...

Looks like the new firmware "prioritizes" the content on the additional storage (SD card) - or maybe now sorts "most recent" based on most recently accessed? Thus, I was seeing the PDF's and image files I had saved onto it but which should be pretty much at the end of my list if it was based on file time-stamp.

If I remove the SD card, my book list looks as it should, with my most current ones at the top.

So... I guess for now I will just take the SD card out (good thing I don't have a HUGE library)... Not sure where to contact to add it as a bug for a future revision though. And of course it will likely only affect the older devices which have external SD slots (and only those users who don't use the SD slot as their primary storage will really see the symptoms I saw).
teija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 01:55 AM   #1140
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by teija View Post
I finally figured out what was going wrong on my Kobo Aura HD after I updated to 4.18.13737...

Looks like the new firmware "prioritizes" the content on the additional storage (SD card) - or maybe now sorts "most recent" based on most recently accessed? Thus, I was seeing the PDF's and image files I had saved onto it but which should be pretty much at the end of my list if it was based on file time-stamp.

If I remove the SD card, my book list looks as it should, with my most current ones at the top.

So... I guess for now I will just take the SD card out (good thing I don't have a HUGE library)... Not sure where to contact to add it as a bug for a future revision though. And of course it will likely only affect the older devices which have external SD slots (and only those users who don't use the SD slot as their primary storage will really see the symptoms I saw).
None of the sorts on the device are based on the file timestamp. The "Date added" is when the import was done. The "Recent" uses the last time the book was read, or, if that hasn't been set, then the same timestamp as the date added.

What that means is if you put a new SD card in the device, all the books in it will be at the top of the Recent sort. If you pull the card out, and put it back in, this should give the same sort order. If you pull it out and add a few books, when you put it in, the new books should be at the top of the Recent sort.

The device does track the card. If you take the card out and put another in, it will remove details of the books on the old card and import the books from the new card. This will put them at the top of the Recent list.

Tags
pocket app