Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-20-2019, 01:49 PM   #16
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Code:
@media not amzn-mobi {
   .element-bodymatter .heading-without-image .title, div.title-page-title-subtitle-block {
      background-image: url(kindle:flow:0002?mime=image/svg+xml);
   }
}
The "kindle:flow:0002?mime=image/svg+xml" in the URL is caused by a bug in unpacking the book from KF8 format. It is supposed to be replaced by the name of the SVG file. I believe that this bug was fixed in kindleunpack version 081.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 02:00 PM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I'm not going to argue with you because I don't have an Aura2, but most Kobos, and certainly the Aura2, use the same firmware/renderers so it's hard to see where this problem is arising.

If you want to PM me a link to your EPUB, I'd be happy to do some more investigating once I have a bit more free time. If you've already had enough that's OK, too
Thanks for the offer. But I am going to pass. Tnx anyway.

I've see this runtogether more than once on from Amazon supplied AZW3 that I converted (Chapter23). (code looks normal and preview is normal)

I have the book delivered to my Kindle for PC, I use Alfs tools on the way into Calibre. I Touchup the CSS (body, basic paragraph margin and spacing) using the Calibre editor (azw3 mode), then send it to my device (converting as needed).

I Have the (Initial release) Walmart version of the Aura2 (Powers up with a Walmart by Rakutan)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 05:25 PM   #18
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
The "kindle:flow:0002?mime=image/svg+xml" in the URL is caused by a bug in unpacking the book from KF8 format. It is supposed to be replaced by the name of the SVG file. I believe that this bug was fixed in kindleunpack version 081.
Is the same code built into Calibre or alf's tools, because I do not use (have) Kindleunpack?
Old 09-20-2019, 10:48 PM   #19
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Is the same code built into Calibre or alf's tools, because I do not use (have) Kindleunpack?
I don’t know how calibre handles this. I assume it uses different code, but it could have the same bug.

DeDRM is not relevant since it does not alter the content.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 12:02 PM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The SVG is a media query that will only work on a Kindle that supports KF8. Try removing the media query and doing any sort of editing needed to make the CSS code work (if it needs any editing).

Is there any SVG file in the eBook? If so, point the URL to that.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 12:03 PM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Is that fix in the Calibre plugin? If not, can the plugin please be updated to the latest version? Thanks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 12:28 PM   #22
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The SVG is a media query that will only work on a Kindle that supports KF8. Try removing the media query and doing any sort of editing needed to make the CSS code work (if it needs any editing).

Is there any SVG file in the eBook? If so, point the URL to that.
Yes there is the file. (I happen to be using my Kobo as my primary reader these days)
I did not want to strip (comment out) the media query because I just might want to use a different device in the future.

jhowell pointed out that there is an error introduced into that media query.
I have no clue where between when it was copied from MyKindleContent and it arrived at my device, that things (the URL) went sideways.
The original (with DRM) is fine (in that it displays)