Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-23-2010, 07:56 PM   #1
elhepilot
elhepilot began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Indigo ebook to work on Nook

I bought a Nook when I was in the US. I just bought an ebook form Indigo because I am in Canada. It works on my PC, but when I try to open it on my Nook I get the message "User not activated. Can anyone help me with this.

Thanks
elhepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:41 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
By Indigo I assume you mean Kobo???

Basically you need to download and install Adobe Digital Editions and then activate the Nook (ADE should prompt you to do this if you launch it with the Nook connected).

Then using ADE download the book in ePub format. (your browser will try and download a .acsm file, tell it to open with ADE)

Using ADE, with the Nook connected to the computer, transfer the files to your Nook (drag and drop the book to the Nook)

Sideloaded eBooks show up in your My Documents Folder on the Nook.

I don't have a Nook, but IIRC that should be all the steps you need to do. Hope that makes sense.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2010, 09:28 PM   #3
Doug Pardee
Zealot
Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.

Device: B&N NOOK 3G
You've already got the e-book in Adobe Digital Editions, right? That's where you're able to open and read it?

Just plug in your NOOK. You'll get a "nook" icon in the left sidebar, where the bookshelves are. Drag the e-book to the nook icon. If you're asked if you want to authorize your NOOK, you do. It'll only need authorizing once.
Doug Pardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:36 AM   #4
elhepilot
elhepilot began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Thanks for your help. I will try that.
elhepilot is offline   Reply With Quote